Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Benign fasciculation syndrome

Re: Benign fasciculation syndrome

Wow scottt thanks for putting things in perspective,i am a 65 year that has twitch for almost 4 months, with pallesthesia, no weakness and good reflexes yet i obsess, now the only sites i go on are positive enforcement sites i stay away from anything that has als stories

I have really bad twitching in both calf's which I am worried about it being MND.

I have recently been diagnosed with BFS by a Neurologist. He said there was no need for an EMG but this has not put my mind at rest. I do suffer with health anxiety but am finding this really tough to shake.

I do too Craig. My left and right calf twitch constantly. From what I hear calf twitching is very common in bfs. Like in forums people start with"besides calf twitching, where do you twitch? "So obviously it's the norm for it. It sucks so bad and can worry the hell out of u. Just trust your doc and try to ignore them. I would always stay busy because I couldn't really feel them when standing or walking

Thanks , I am trying to ignore them but the thought of having MND and leaving my wife with two young kids is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by craigSC View Post
    Thanks , I am trying to ignore them but the thought of having MND and leaving my wife with two young kids is killing me.
    Treat your anxiety for your two kids. Youve been cleared by a neurologist. You do not have ALS.

I hope you are right. Having bad cramps in calves as well now.

Hi Craig, I too get bad cramps so try not to worry it is all part of bfs. My neurologist told me most people with bfs get cramps/muscle spasms in their feet and calfs.

Interesting that there is a link between bfs and spinal stenosis as my most recent MRI of brain and neck showed mild stenosis in my neck. Maybe that is contributing to my bfs. Try not to think the worst please. The majority of twitching is out cns being over excited can be from the brain mis-firing. Or anxiety or neck and spine problems, I've had mine about 2 years I think and nothing more sinister has happened.
    Have you had your magnesium levels checked ? X

Thanks all. Still really worried but trying to get over this.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Just started mag supplements

Hey guys, has anyone had twitches they can see through their clothes? I just saw my doctor and when I told him I can see my arm twitching through my clothes sometimes he told me that really makes him concerned for ALS/MND. That terrifies me, he recommended me to a neuro. I'm only 25 how likely is it I have this disease!? I'm twitching all over but the biggest thumpers are in my left tricep.

I do I can see them through my clothes. It is very low especially if you have no weakness. The doc is just covering his a$$. Lol

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information