Thread: new here but not new to panic and anxiety

Smile new here but not new to panic and anxiety

Hi there,
    My name is Shannon, 43 year old female. Ive been living with panic and anxiety for most oh my life. Grew up with an alcoholic, bipolar mother and have been trying to cope with the anxiety. I've been in therapy for years, on and off meds (currently off) and have (mostly) kept the anxiety under control. Hoping to meet new people
    and pick up some helpful tips and coping mechanisms and maybe help someone too. I have a cross country trip coming up and this is one of my triggers so trying to get myself in a good mental state.

Thank you for reading!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya deepbreaths and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: new here but not new to panic and anxiety

Hi,

aboard, lots of good info on this website, i wish you good luck with your trip.

Hi and welcome!

Sounds like you've been through a fair bit but you are still remaining strong. There are lot of great people around here and solid advice so I hope you find answers here and make new friends. I hope the trip goes very well for you!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I plan to be an active part of this community!

Been in therapy for years? I have been participating in cognitive behavior therapy since December 2016. I've come a long way with my anxiety and working with the tools my therapist has provided me. Have you tried CBT?

As for your childhood, my therapist told me that is the past and I was a child. I am an adult now and I make my decisions. There is a wealth of information on the GAD board that helps with coping.

I use mindfulness and challenge my thinking. I do not take any medication. It's a lot of work but it can be done. There are a few us on here that have done it.

Thread Information