Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worrying about bone and leukaemia

Worrying about bone and leukaemia

I'm am scared and worried I have either bone or leukaemia because of the leg pains I have, it not 24/7 pains I have got in my legs and arms.

Because I have looked at the nhs website at two or three things (nhs) I have looked at leukaemia symptoms and bone cancer and both say pains.

I dont have any of the other symptoms for these two type of cancers. I keep forgetting as it says unlikely to be and could be soemthing else.

I had blood tests earlier this year and that was clear (I had these done because I have NF) I needed a retest done because my white cells were high so I panic but it was down to me having a cold as the 2nd tme was clear

Re: Worrying about bone and leukaemia

If I looked at spine cancer I'm 100% sure it would say pain does that mean I have spine cancer? Considering i have lower back pain all day everyday for the last 10 years No it wouldn't you can find anything on the web to suit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    I'm am scared and worried I have either bone or leukaemia because of the leg pains I have, it not 24/7 pains I have got in my legs and arms.

Because I have looked at the nhs website at two or three things (nhs) I have looked at leukaemia symptoms and bone cancer and both say pains.

I dont have any of the other symptoms for these two type of cancers. I keep forgetting as it says unlikely to be and could be soemthing else.

I had blood tests earlier this year and that was clear (I had these done because I have NF) I needed a retest done because my white cells were high so I panic but it was down to me having a cold as the 2nd tme was clear
    Do you realise how many things have the symptom "pains"?

Thank you for your replies.

But why do I keep thinking the worst all the time, I thought I had testicular cancer earlier this year and other things in the past, it is an endless cycle. I know I need help but thinking in another way is hard. Do I trust a doctor/GP or Dr Google,

You need to avoid Dr.Google. Dr.Google thinks EVERYTHING is cancer

Leg pains are very common. If your GP isn't worried then trust your GP. I know for HA sufferers it's hard (I myself currently think I have colon cancer at 23 years old) but leg pains on their own don't mean cancer

Take some pain meds stretch your legs or go see a chiropractor. Cancer is a common fear here

Thank you for your reply.

It could be that I am sitting down to much, it started when my mum heard someone had shingles last week and she was worried that it was passed on to her. because I google the symptoms and it said this was a symptom, than i google Bone cancer and leukaemia and these were symptoms on cancer.

I had this type of pain before when i had physio, I thought I had cancer and went to the walk in centre, saw a GP. but I did it on the way home from the match but we had snow that day.

I cannot get out my head that this is bad, I am in my 30s and I am scard that every pain is bad. even though I had bloods taken twice for whatever was tested due to me having NF as well as a urine sample, brain scan because of soft lump on brain (not cancerous) think it one of these NF lumps or bright spot

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

I dont know whether my pain in abdominal and elbow pains are connected to my fears I may have leukaemia (even my last blood test was clear) or probably down to heat, I know think my abominal pain is bowel cancer even though I was tested four years ago and all what was seen was a small common pouch which is not serious.

I am scared of every pain, I nearly trip over my foot tonight so thinking this could be bad

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

I dont have any brusing on my body, no strange rashes etc, no night sweats, even though the last few nights have been pretty warm to sleep, but still worried, I have been to GP twice this year, but think I need blood tests, I am scared I have something wrong. or could be normal pains.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

Also finger pains, I think I spend to long on the computer Googling, but worried this is serious with these pains.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    Do you realise how many things have the symptom "pains"?
    Thanks I am trying to think sensible but I keep thinking the worst things first, I know I was very worried I had testicular cancer and thought the worst than.

I am still trying to get the help I need

The pains are in the back of my legs, I think sometimes it how I sit, I woke up with leg pain during the night which made me worry that I got something serious wrong with me even though the chances are low. Trying not to look at the stats of the types of cancer which I am currently worry about with the symptoms for my age range

I am starting to think that it sometimes how I walk where my legs ache, but still cant get out that it either one of the big cs. I have wasted a lot of the last 6 years worrying if I got cancer, and been wrong lots of times. The only thing I been right about is having a tooth abcess

I did not wake up with leg pain during the night last night, but scared still about the odd pain, aches, I dont think I loss weight, my mum gets these pains, arthritis runs in on my mum side of the family. Why do I keep thinking everything I get symptom wise in the big c I am still stuck on with the worry of leukaemia and bone cancer, last week it was bowel cancer, a few weeks ago it was testicular cancer, as well as brain tumours, it a none stop party

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Also panicing about penile cancer, I thought the old duty helmet for me looks a bit more purple than usual and my foreskin seems to be the same colour normal me, but the more I check the more I find something is serious wrong which does not seem normal for me, the more I panic. I dont know whether this is causing my leg and arm pain as I am not having any other symptoms which I know about.

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

I want to keep running to the GP with every problem I got. but that means nobody else can see a GP at the pratice I current with

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HoldingoutforHope View Post
    You need to avoid Dr.Google. Dr.Google thinks EVERYTHING is cancer

Leg pains are very common. If your GP isn't worried then trust your GP. I know for HA sufferers it's hard (I myself currently think I have colon cancer at 23 years old) but leg pains on their own don't mean cancer

Take some pain meds stretch your legs or go see a chiropractor. Cancer is a common fear here
    Thank you for your comment, I am trying to get the c word out my head, but bone pain, leg pain and arm pain to me is cancer, I am scared

With respect Unsure... what is it you're hoping for here? Obviously reassurance isn't working as documented by the downward spiral of your posts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information