Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rabies

Re: Rabies

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    And even if it was not vacinated here are some facts: when the animal is unfortunate enough to be infected it will develop the disease within 1 to 3 months and will die one week after symptoms appear. However, the animal can not infect anyone during the incubation period, ONLY after symptoms apear. And you said your dog licked you 3 years ago???? And is alive and healthy today?? Do your math.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

And yeat maybe 4 or 5 among millions of bats I would guess. I am sure we would have heard more about rabies in the UK if it had been common among bats. I guess.
    I said 3 hours not years! Still though, thanks to everyone for the reassuring words. I'm feeling quite a bit better about it after reading all your responses. Also, my mum said my dog has been vaccinated so that's good.

Re: Rabies

Oh, sorry. I was reading too fast. Anyway; there is absolutely nothing to be worried about. As they say here; rabies is as good as non-existing in the UK, and have been found only in one or two bats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information