Thread: Tongue twitching and burning

Tongue twitching and burning

Hi guys,
    1,5 week ago I noticed burning and twitching of my tounge. On the beginning I thought I have infection because of my sinusitis and white colour of tongue. GP confirmed I have oral thrush and prescribed some antifungal meds. Unfortunately I used all meds and still had all symptoms. Yesterday I visited laryngologist, who said I dont have oral thrush and my mouth looks ok :( .
    I asked him if that can be anxiety, he just said: yup, why not.

Here's the list of my actual symptoms:
    -> tongue twitching when i stick it out
    -> tongue burning, but it stopps when I eat or drink!
    -> sometimes burning skin around lips, lips and corners,
    -> have very tensed jaw these days with specifical clicking when moving (tmj?)

It doesnt affect my talk, but I'm scared that as it's not an infection-related. You know where my thoughts lead me and I would really appreciate if someone with above symptoms had something benign.

Re: Tongue twitching and burning

Don't worry! Everyone's tongue twitches when they stick it out!

This is very weird feeling. I know that month ago my tongue twitched first time because I stretched my neck too much (it was connected with lymph nodes anxiety). Then I had two weeks of peace, and after two restless nights I noticed that twitching and burning. I thoguht I caught infection, but that's not the case. I dont have aby weakness, I can speak normally, eat and drink as well. But when Im aware of tongue (quite constantly) or yawn it twitches. Just like from tension applied... Wondering if that can be from anxiety... I'm not afraid of ALS, dont think IT can be BT or cancer at all. Just simply afraid why my tongue suddenly feels different. Just to add, laryngologist looked at my tongue and told looks healthy, not sure if I should follow up with neurologist...

The tongue always twitches when you stick it out which is why doctors look at it when it's resting in your mouth. I think if the mouth doctor said you are okay. You are okay. Try your best to ignore it for a week and see if you feel better. When we are anxious and focus on one body part, our minds can make it feel weird. I think if you're still feeling funny after a week of really ignoring it, follow up with your PCP and see what they say.

Hey, that's my problem! I cant let it go :-( this relates to every symptom\issue. I'm constantly aware of my tongue and I know this is making all worse. Just read some BFS stories and think tongue twitches are quite common with anxiety sufferers. Just this 'what if' approach...

Thread Information