Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amoxicillin

Unhappy Amoxicillin

Hi
    Hope everyones okay. I have a dissociative disorder, C-PTSD and GAD, and a huge phobia of medical practices and taking medication.
    I have a middle ear infection and have just been prescribed Amoxicillin, but i am so scared to take it. I am in fear i'll develop a rash and be unable to breathe, or even die just from taking it.
    I feel just on edge holding the tablets in my hand.

Can anyone reassure me or has anyone been in the same position?

Thank you :(

Re: Amoxicillin

Quote Originally Posted by twilightchinchilla View Post
    Hi

Hope everyones okay. I have a dissociative disorder, C-PTSD and GAD, and a huge phobia of medical practices and taking medication.

I have a middle ear infection and have just been prescribed Amoxicillin, but i am so scared to take it. I am in fear i'll develop a rash and be unable to breathe, or even die just from taking it.

I feel just on edge holding the tablets in my hand.

Can anyone reassure me or has anyone been in the same position?

Thank you :(

I have had a real bad dose of tonsilitus and I have been taking amoxicillin, then penicillin v and now clarithromychin and all I had was a dip in my mood and oral thrush. You won't die. Your mental health may be impacted by your physical Ill health so see it as fixing you quicker to help you get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I have had Amoxicillin to treat a condition I had few years back no side effects whatsoever we are all different, but can safely say it wont kill you you may have some very small side effects read the leaflet in the box that the tabs are in it will list possible side effects like for eg: Nausea then it will say 1 in every 1000 may experience this then it will list other things like a rash and 1 in 250,000 will maybe get a rash which will go away once the tablet course has been completed Good luck

Thank you both of you i still havent taken it though, and no leaflet came with the meds :( im really scared i'll go into shock after taking one and die. I have severe anxiety issues :(

Thank you both of you i still havent taken it though, and no leaflet came with the meds :( im really scared i'll go into shock after taking one and die. I have severe anxiety issues :(

You are welcome Surprised no info leaflet which gives a wealth of information including what it's used for ect very strange. Anyway I can guarantee you wont die from taking the tablets 1000% I can see you have your MH condition very seriously, so would ask you to seek help through you dr initially to get some professional help, Mind you went to your dr about a infection in your ear did you get anxious over that too? If you don't take the antibiotics then your infection in your ear will get worse we are trying to help, you will be ok.

Ok so i've just taken one!! :S Panic attack symtoms have started so going to speed walk for a while to chill out. I'll update soon

Ok so i've just taken one!! :S Panic attack symtoms have started so going to speed walk for a while to chill out. I'll update soon

HI Iam glad you have started the course of treatment (how many a day is prescribed to be taken?) space the doses through out the day though in other words don't take another one in 2 hrs though. if it's twice a day take another one before you go to bed then tomorrow take your next one roughly the same time as today! Yes can understand your panic so speed walking will help you, will be fine Looking forward to your update well done
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    HI Iam glad you have started the course of treatment (how many a day is prescribed to be taken?) space the doses through out the day though in other words don't take another one in 2 hrs though. if it's twice a day take another one before you go to bed then tomorrow take your next one roughly the same time as today! Yes can understand your panic so speed walking will help you, will be fine Looking forward to your update well done
    Cheers

Thank you
    I've been speed walking for ages and checking my hands havent blown up im that worried. It's been an hour now and i think im ok apart from excessive panic.

Its 3 times daily for 5 days at 500mg.

Everyone who commented was so nice and helpful - this forums great

Thank you
    I've been speed walking for ages and checking my hands havent blown up im that worried. It's been an hour now and i think im ok apart from excessive panic.

Its 3 times daily for 5 days at 500mg.

Everyone who commented was so nice and helpful - this forums great

You are ok that's for sure Yes just your panic causing you a few problems keep the speed walking going and you hands wont blow up either! Ok 3 times a day take another one at 6pm then last one at 11pm then that's day one out of the way. You are doing great Well done!Oh and if you get up earlier tomorrow take your first tab as soon as you wake and again space out the dose for the rest of the day!!! Cheers

Thanks its been 4 hours since i took it and no side effects so im doubting i'll die from it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information