Thread: withdrawal?

Unhappy withdrawal?

I have been drinking 3/4 to a full bottle of red wine for awhile now every night. I want to cut back and quit drinking or limit it to social situations but I have read scary stuff online about going through withdrawal and now I am freaking out....Do you think I will go through withdrawal from a bottle of wine per night??? I don't want to jeopardize my health by not weening off appropriately....

Re: withdrawal?

Hi you won't have the type of withdrawals that you read about but you may feel a bit more anxiety for a week or 2 and your sleep will be disrupted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and was anxious that I was possibly experiencing these withdrawal symptoms I read about online and started to get really paranoid. I am anxious person by default and then reading about it made it even worse.....Maybe I am especially anxious due to withdrawal......

can anyone else confirm this?

You said, "for a while." That is pretty ambiguous. If that means for the last 15 years, yeah, you will have some withdrawl symptoms, you would with any drug. If it means the last three months, I wouldn't think you have a worry. I am in recovery, and know a lot of people who were heavy alcoholics who didn't die going dry.

I would say for the past year and a half.... so maybe some symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by larerie View Post
    I would say for the past year and a half.... so maybe some symptoms?
    You won't know until you quit. I would imagine there would be physical and psychological side effects no doubt. You'll be removing a self-medicating mask of your anxiety symptoms so to speak. I would expect some kind of kick back.

It really doesn't matter anyway. Laying off daily drinking vino is commendable and overall good for you both physically and mentally.

Stay strong and good luck!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information