Thread: Side affects

Side affects

I would like to know what type of side affects others get from olanzapine. I have been on olanzapine for 3 months now. So would like to know how others are on this medication.

Re: Side affects

I take 2.5mg. The main side effect for me was weight gain, which got way out of control. I have just started a diet and exercise plan to lose some of it. If that doesn't work, I will be asking to change to something else or get off it completely. I'm the heaviest I have been in my life and it isn't healthy. May I ask what side effects you have had? I take mine at night right before bed, so probably a little hard to know if there are any others.

Hi I take 10mg, I've recently been increased 5 weeks ago to that amount from the 5mg I was taking due to a huge relapse in my anxiety. Fortunately I've not had the weight gain side effect throughout the years I have been on it but I am careful I suppose with what I eat as I'm aware it can be a weight gainer. I found the side effects worse when starting and increasing, I got the tremors, dry mouth and restlessness but fortunately these have now gone. I don't seem to get any long term side effects altho I do have vivid dreams but not sure if that is from the olanzapine or the venlafaxine I take as well? I take mine in split doses, 5mg in the morning and 5mg at night.

Only side effect I have had is weight gain. Was on 10mg now down to just under 5mg, trying to get off it. I have put on nearly four stone in just over a year. Not good
    Last edited by diamondgeezer65; 05-07-17 at 11:52.

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Hi I take 10mg, I've recently been increased 5 weeks ago to that amount from the 5mg I was taking due to a huge relapse in my anxiety. Fortunately I've not had the weight gain side effect throughout the years I have been on it but I am careful I suppose with what I eat as I'm aware it can be a weight gainer. I found the side effects worse when starting and increasing, I got the tremors, dry mouth and restlessness but fortunately these have now gone. I don't seem to get any long term side effects altho I do have vivid dreams but not sure if that is from the olanzapine or the venlafaxine I take as well? I take mine in split doses, 5mg in the morning and 5mg at night.
    I have been following your story as I have had a BAD year. Currently on Zyprexa and Paxil and still kind of struggling. Did your Zyprexa increase work and did you stabilize? I am currently only taking 2.5mgs of Zyprexa at night.

Thread Information