Thread: Constant Burping

Constant Burping

Ok so since Dec I have had various issues-stomach pains,back ache,indigestion,wind and gurgling belly.
    Had lots of tests including a Endoscopy which came back clear.
    Infact all tests up to now have(still waiting to have a colonoscopy but Docs not worried and indeed only having it done as I have asked(begged)

Anyway most of my symptoms mentioned above have eased off except the constant burping-its all day everyday from the minute I wake up,do not need to eat or drink to start but obviously when I do its worst-it is more a quiet burp that ends in my mouth if that makes sense-so no one else is really aware of it.

I know my stomach is ok-and no H Plyori so what is causing the burping? Docs do not seem concerned by it and tell me its habit-habit?I want it to stop!
    I do not drink fizzy pop/use straws/chew gum blah blah...
    Any help please? its driving me mad-Docs tell me its not a sign of anything serious!-least after the Colonoscopy depending of course what they do or do not find I will know if burping is caused by anything to do with my colon?!

Re: Constant Burping

Quote Originally Posted by charliebear78 View Post
    Ok so since Dec I have had various issues-stomach pains,back ache,indigestion,wind and gurgling belly.
    Had lots of tests including a Endoscopy which came back clear.
    Infact all tests up to now have(still waiting to have a colonoscopy but Docs not worried and indeed only having it done as I have asked(begged)

Anyway most of my symptoms mentioned above have eased off except the constant burping-its all day everyday from the minute I wake up,do not need to eat or drink to start but obviously when I do its worst-it is more a quiet burp that ends in my mouth if that makes sense-so no one else is really aware of it.

I know my stomach is ok-and no H Plyori so what is causing the burping? Docs do not seem concerned by it and tell me its habit-habit?I want it to stop!
    I do not drink fizzy pop/use straws/chew gum blah blah...
    Any help please? its driving me mad-Docs tell me its not a sign of anything serious!-least after the Colonoscopy depending of course what they do or do not find I will know if burping is caused by anything to do with my colon?!
    I get this on and off and when I get it it can last for months. Its so annoying! I've always put mine down to my reflux and LPR along with anxiety.

I take effervescent ranitidine now and it has reduced the frequency of it.

I feel like when I burp its instantly replaced by another burp in my throat and I have to keep burping to clear it but it never stops.

Re: Constant Burping

Acid reflux? Have you tried a ppi, antacids or Zantac?

Thread Information