Thread: Mirtazapine and vision problems

Mirtazapine and vision problems

So the day I started 15mg Mirtazapine my vision suddenly got very snowy on the same day and I was sure it's a side effect but when I asked my doctor about it she said it can't be from the drug and it must just be anxiety, however that was now over a month ago and my snowy vision hasn't changed regardless some improvement in my anxiety. That being said, I have upped my dose to 30mg a couple of days ago and since that day my vision got significantly worse.

Now, my doctor is saying Mirtazapine can't be causing the decreased vision, and while my HA is convinced decreased vision is a consequence of some horrible disease, the rational part of my brain is thinking this very clear correlation between the dosage and vision problems can't just be a coincidence.
    So I was wondering has anyone ever experienced any decreased vision as a side effect of this drug?

Re: Mirtazapine and vision problems

I would say that you might have been abit nervous to start with taking the drug and that has made you a little more anxious and I would say the same for going upto 30mg. I would stick with it and try not to pin the vision worry to Mirt but focus it on the anxiety I know it's a HA worry using new drugs but I'm sure it will all settle if you give it time.

Yeah thats what my doctor suggested but all my other symptoms improved while my vision is persistently bad and it's really starting to get to me just for the fact that it's annoying not to see properly but also it's making me even more anxious. like ever since i started taking mirt (so thats now a month ago) theres not been one moment my vision would be okay. i used to get vision problems from anxiety before but they never lasted more than a week

It does sound like your just focusing on the vision and using the Mirt as a reason for it lasting so long. I know that I can focus on pretty much any drug to explain whatever HA I am experiencing it ticks boxes in my mind. I stopped looking at any listed side effects in the pack because I know I would pick up on one or two and convince myself that's what was causing me to feel ill. Like you say, you have had this visual thing before and it goes so this period will go as well but not if your connecting it with the Mirt, my concern would be that you stopped taking it without giving it a chance to work.
    Last edited by Maca44; 25-06-17 at 17:57.

Thread Information