Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old blood results

Re: Old blood results

Let me put this "trust" issue into perspective.

When it comes to most of what I read here, the doctors have practiced CYA medicine and affirmed their initial diagnosis.

I personally experienced a situation with my wife where she was misdiagnosed and the results have been catastrophic. Does it lessen my trust in doctors? NO! Why?... This particular case involved ignoring test results and was more a result of arrogance. My wife was diagnosed with Herpes Viral Encephalitis and treated for it when the test results clearly showed she didn't have it. My repeated questioning was met with defensiveness and arrogance. With something as serious as with what we were facing, I got her to a better hospital where they nailed it on the first day.

With my own cancer journey. I felt a disconnect between the doctors and myself as well as a sense that one hand didn't know what the other was doing concerning the team of doctors at the hospital locally. I went for a second opinion at a world renowned cancer hospital and they were all over it.

It comes down to a level of confidence and in both cases I'm speaking of, I didn't feel that initially and for me it was a gut feeling as well.

With someone with HA, you can't really trust the gut as that part is broken. That being said, if it's an expert in the field, or multiple doctors or visits (as happens here all the time) to question further is an exercise in futility and I see so many that chase the wind here looking for something that will never come.

So can a doctor be wrong? Sure... they're human too but rarely are they wrong when all evidence and test results affirm their diagnosis (as it is with 99.9% of the cases here).

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Why should they retest? You are not sick. I'm in the states as you are and our health care costs are not cheap!

The best tool my therapist gave me was to challenge my thinking. Is it productive? Is it keeping me from doing my current task?

I do this with out medication. It works if you work on it. We are in charge, not our brains and don't Google. Get out of your head and do something productive or enjoyable. We only have so much time on this earth, I'm refuse to give anxiety control over my life. Sure I have my moments but they are farther and farther apart.

My answer usually is no, this worry is not productive and it is keeping me from what I need to accomplish.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

How is you wife doing Fish?

I'm experiencing similar. My lymphocyte count was low but just about within normal range. Literally since I found that out I'm having a whole heap of weird symptoms. I've even got a horrible fungal foot infection for the first time in my life. Probably not connected but my mind is fashioning it into an immune system deficiency. It is hard to trust the Dr but I guess we really have to try, after all we certainly can't trust our own judgement based on past experience!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information