Thread: Blood on TP

Exclamation Blood on TP

So I've been really really trying to reel in the health anxiety. So much so I have gone days without being on here which is huge for me.

Anyways, I've been mildly constipated and I have IBS too so this morning I finally was able to go out of nowhere and it was pretty hard and larger than normal and I felt some strain and mild discomfort. I looked after I wiped and bright red blood. It was light in color but there was quite a bit. Non in the bowl but just on the paper. I wiped a few more times while my heart was racing and I felt sick to my stomach and decided to come post here.

This has happened in the past and it's normally every couple months or weeks or so and I always say if it's consistent for two weeks I'll go see my doc but I'm freaking out. Does this happen to anyone else? Do you freak out too? I'm scared of bowel c soooo this makes me so very anxious.

Re: Blood on TP

I had the same thing. It's probably just a tear in the butt where the stool was too rough coming out. Nothing to worry about. Especially if it's normal colour. If it keeps happening go see your doctor and he'll check it out for you.

Re: Blood on TP

Hi!
    Completely know your fear, this happened to me yesterday, I had it on and off about a month ago, went to my doc and she didn't seem overly bothered, gave me a cream for internal hemorroids and it cleared up, haven't seen anything for at least a month, then yesterday... exactly what you described, am suitably freaked out. Now everyone keeps saying, if it's red, it's from the last part of your digestive tract and more than likely from a fissure or internal pile.
    I'm trying to make an appointment to see a proctologist even though I'm scared of the same things as you but I have had IBS for years, and piles for years and never really had any doctor's advice. I also had a baby 5 months ago...
    Let us know how you get on... I will too.

Thread Information