Thread: Scared about doing blood tests because of symptoms

Scared about doing blood tests because of symptoms

Hey guys,
    I'm scared cause my GP advised me to do full blood count, check glucose and iron levels because of my tongue. As I wrote here before, for few weeks my tongue felt sore/burning, this lasted usally 2-3 days (this comes and goes for few days). Also I feel some twitches/spasms when I'm moving it.

Additionaly last weekend I felt sick like I catched sinusitits.

The problem is, these symptoms make me feel like I'm really sick and I'm so afraid to do blood tests. I know many of you had these and everything was alright, but I'm simply scared that I will hear bad news. That's why I can't make it. My family and fiancee are done with my fears and symptoms. I cant blame them. I feel like coward cause I cant do blood tests but from the other hand I cant live in constant fear. I just stuck between these and feel really depressed now.

Re: Scared about doing blood tests because of symptoms

You need to do it. Your increasing fear and misery will not stop unless you get reassurance that you are healthy. If you must, have your fiance call and make the appointment, and drive you there the day of without speaking if it too much. Once everything comes back fine (and it will, or you'll find a minor vitamin deficiency or some such trivial thing), you need to begin working on the anxiety. Otherwise some other symptom will happen, and you will start all over until you get another diagnostic test done in the future. A therapist can help and it sounds like your HA is spiraling badly, affecting your life and relationships. That's when it's time to get help.

Re: Scared about doing blood tests because of symptoms

I have scheduled blood tests on tomorrow, I will post results here in case anyone in future would be concerned about tongue stuff. I had blood tests 4 or 5 times in my life and every time I was thinking the worst, that will have urgent call from a doctor and results are really bad. I dont understand why I'm reacting this way and why I feel so depressed/scared about tomorrow. I feel like I could cancel this appointment with no hesitation.
    Irrespective of blood results I'm starting CBT next week, hope this will help. In meantime tongue feeling comes and goes...

Thread Information