Thread: Swallowing difficulty/let's share symptoms

Swallowing difficulty/let's share symptoms

I've had many strange physical symptoms that send me into panic and worry. My latest downward spiral was caused by trouble swallowing. I've had trouble swallowing for about a year now. Sometimes I'm able to ignore it and put it out of my mind, but for the last year swallowing feels hard and I have clicking in my ears every time I swallow. It's much worse when I'm just swallowing saliva as opposed to swallowing food or drink. Anyone else have this too? I noticed a few nights ago I had excess saliva and that combined with swallowing freaked me out. It feels like constant mucus in the back of my throat I'm constantly having to cough or clear my throat. I went into familiar panic over ALS for a few days. I'm just now mellowing out my swallowing problem persists and I started having twitching in my ears my ear drums were having spasms. Any twitchers here? Twitching is another symptom I've had for 2 years. Anyone ever had ear spasms? Normal cat scan of brain, EEG, brain MRI, spine MRI, blood work etc. my neurologist basically refused to do more test

Here's a list of symptoms I've had. Do you share any? How do you deal with them?

Headaches
    Visual disturbances (I see auras)
    Joint pain
    Twitching
    Aching
    Cramping
    Extreme tongue pain/stiffness
    Numbness
    Tingling
    Random goosebumps
    Sweats/hot flashes
    Internal vibration
    Muscle/ body jerks
    Dizziness
    Vertigo
    Nausea
    Vomiting
    Trouble swallowing with clicking in ears
    Buzzing tickling sensation in face

Re: Swallowing difficulty/let's share symptoms

Hi there, I share almost your whole list of symptoms! With exception of vomiting....but only because I have a phobia of vomiting and therefore resist the urge sometimes for many hours! I am currently experiencing excess saliva and swallowing and a lump in throat feeling with sometimes the feeling of tightness and difficulty swallowing. As you say often less so when eating food. Its very unnerving and I find it hard to get through my days to be honest. How are the doctors treating your symptoms?

Re: Swallowing difficulty/let's share symptoms

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information