Thread: Terrified over blood in urine (kidney, bladder, prostate cancer)

Terrified over blood in urine (kidney, bladder, prostate cancer)

Hey all,
    Had been having a strange tension in my testicles and low abdomen and since I am quite prone to health anxiety I decided to book in to a doctor straight away for some tests.

He gave my testicles an inspection and said all was clear, however doing his due diligence (a reason I go to see this doctor) he prescribed a ultrasound and sent me off to have a urine test.

The urine test came back with small trace amounts of blood. He spent a good 30 seconds inspecting it. This wasn't news to me as a previous doctor had found urine in my blood around 4 years ago and thought nothing of it, however this doctor seemed somewhat concerned. I told him that my previous doctor thought nothing of it and he seemed to think that was outrageous and sent it off to the lab to confirm the trace amounts of blood.
    After doing some googling I found that blood in the urine can be a sign of some nefarious diseases.

I was just wondering if anyone here has had a similar situation. Can blood in the urine (not visible to the naked eye) be benign?

Re: Terrified over blood in urine (kidney, bladder, prostate cancer)

It can indeed be bening there are many posts on this forum of people who've had microscopic traces of blood in their urine and it's turned out to be many things none of them cancer. Things such as kidney infection, bacteria, UTI, hell one guy even had it every time he went because of his genetics! The doctor is obviously doing the correct checks, and the fact that 4 years ago you had this and you were fine should speak volumes! Try not to worry about something that happens very frequently.

Thanks for your reply Aleman.

Since this post I've had the results from my urine test back which the nurse described as "clear" the only thing is I have no idea what that means and the nurse couldn't elaborate. To top it off the doctor is going on a six month sabbatical and they won't have another doctor until Mid August.

Since this test I've been having a plethora of symptoms including abdomen and lower back pain as well as increased frequency of needing to urinate. I'm freaking out and it's starting to effect my professional and personal life. Has anyone encountered these symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
    Since this post I've had the results from my urine test back which the nurse described as "clear" the only thing is I have no idea what that means and the nurse couldn't elaborate.
    "Clear". What is the definition of that word? Therein lies your answer.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
    Thanks for your reply Aleman.

Since this post I've had the results from my urine test back which the nurse described as "clear" the only thing is I have no idea what that means and the nurse couldn't elaborate. To top it off the doctor is going on a six month sabbatical and they won't have another doctor until Mid August.

Since this test I've been having a plethora of symptoms including abdomen and lower back pain as well as increased frequency of needing to urinate. I'm freaking out and it's starting to effect my professional and personal life. Has anyone encountered these symptoms?
    Your test was clear. That means nothing was wrong.

Chronic non-bacterial prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Odds are 500:1 this is what you have. It's also very closely tied to anxiety disorders.

Thread Information