Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gone from 60 to 90 to 120

Re: Gone from 60 to 90 to 120

if CYMBALTA dont start working has a SNRI till 60mg, your saying does it work has a SSRI at 30mg??????? . Why then dont the shrinks leave people on 30mg instead of pushing for 60mg is it not a good ssri . does anyone use 30mg and think it good , why you terry did you move from 30mg you said was ok to a bad ride on 60mg that dogs your life . i myself find i cannot tolerate 60mg and have just dropped to 30mg to look to detox . but while i detox if the 30mg comes good then it will stay on it.

Because 60mg is the minimum therapeutic dose. At 30mg it might be only acting as a SSRI but that doesn't mean it's equivalent to other SSRI's. With Ven it's easier to understand as it ramps up the Serotonin work long before but Duloxetine starts up the N much earlier so the Serotonin probably hits it's 80% at 60mg (would have to check that to be sure).

It does raise the question about sub therapeutic dosing just as some seem to improve on 10mg of Citalopram. So, 30mg Duloxetine may be enough but it's against the principal of why they make it.

30mg was less harsh by far, and I did get a temporary lift, but whether it would have been enough I'm not sure. I have also wondered whether dropping down might do enough on the Serotonin front whilst dropping the nasty stuff that seems to have come with the N element. But then so many don't seem to have the N problems which has left me wondering if that's the issue or not?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    For anxiety they start you on 30mg and then move you to 60mg. 60mg being when it starts working as a SNRI. For depression they start straight on 60mg.

I guess it's to reduce the starting side effects. I found 30mg not too bad but 60mg was where it got really rough for me.
    I suffer from depression, anxiety and ocd. The ocd and anxiety being the greater problem currently. The doctors always seem to start me off on a lower dose then raise it in the following few weeks.

I only tried cymbata because my shrink said i was on 120mg when i was younger, i cannot remember myself and usually steer well clear of snris . i was cross tapering from pregabalin and that muted the Scorpions sting , Soon has i tapered and was on 60mg Cymbalta alone i could not sleep for anxiety still cannot unless i take 5mg olanzapine and 2 mg lorazepam at bedtime they may seem powerful but to me its not , , my SSRI levels were always on the low side has anxiety is my bag hence the 6mg lorazapam a day. i am sure snris med are a notch up on the power scale there brutal to detox thats why people stay on them i will give the 30mg its detox and if the cobra is still spitting it Can go F*** ITSELF

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

every med A SHRINK SCRIPTS its lets go higher , whats with these guys do they want us nuked . there not happy until we reach are utmost limit and are on the med go round forever, i am sure terry you dont need 60mg it does you no favours you say
    Last edited by braindead; 02-08-17 at 09:38.

It is worrying what criteria psychiatrists use when they prescribe these powerful drugs like a broad spectrum antibiotic. I'm sure in years to come there will be more sophisticated psychotropic drugs which will be prescribed more appropriately and with better knowledge of how they actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It is worrying what criteria psychiatrists use when they prescribe these powerful drugs like a broad spectrum antibiotic. I'm sure in years to come there will be more sophisticated psychotropic drugs which will be prescribed more appropriately and with better knowledge of how they actually work.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Day 2 on my drop to 30mg Cymbalta , what is this med some kind of mind and soul destroyer, 2 day on 30mg i feel like shoot me now . The world has stopped dead i dont no whats going on. MY shrink nurse has booked me into a new shrink next Wednesday i dont no if i can make it unless i unleash olanzapine and lorazepam at mega doses , I dont even no what med he could give me i tried them all bar the scary ones that you sit in a corner rocking

Hang on in there, braindead..You're in control of this, not the psych. I know how frightening this state is but you are not losing it and will get through to your next appointment. Keep on with the posting and the humour if it helps because sometimes humour is the best medicine to see you through the worst times which meds won't touch.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Hang on in there, braindead..You're in control of this, not the psych. I know how frightening this state is but you are not losing it and will get through to your next appointment. Keep on with the posting and the humour if it helps because sometimes humour is the best medicine to see you through the worst times which meds won't touch.

So back on this drug after trying a few different ones , this seems to work best for me but not going up to 120 , staying at 60 for a long time before I go up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information