Thread: Enlarged papillae back and side of tongue

Unhappy Enlarged papillae back and side of tongue

Hi everyone just wondered if anyone has got or had this !! So I've been getting the tightness in throats feeling had it checked throats was fine. Then last Sunday I was out and started to get a sore throat and nose was blocked and phlem was burning my tongue In the morning I checked and at the back of my tongue where these raised lumps and on the side they were big I went to a&e and the nurses said they've never seen anything like it before did bloods which I never got the results of and sent me to an ENT doctor who took one look and said it's the papillaes on my tongue and I've got a virus that's why they are like that to take paracetamol he didn't want to give antibiotics unless its bacterial . I went back to my own doctor 3 days later who knows o suffer health anxiety and he looked and said prob viral and that was it as my throats isn't really sore anymore but I keep feeling tight throats and clearing my throats my nose feels a bit blocked now and then. Anyway o had dentist last night and told him he asked if the doctor was worried I said no and he said yeah looks red he would say viral also. I googled it and cancer comes up I've been garbling salt water but they won't go and I still hVe the feeling that I can't swallow which I think is anxiety as they said throats not swollen or or red or anything. I'm really panicking about it o just want them to go it's horrible. Any advice would be appreciated x
    Last edited by Jenpink; 09-07-17 at 21:46. Reason: Anyone please

Re: Enlarged papillae back and side of tongue

Can anyone help x

Thread Information