Thread: Hello from Florida

Hello from Florida

Greetings! I came across this site as I've been doing research about globus hystericus and my health anxiety that came on a few months ago. I've suffered from very mild health anxiety for a long time (I'd probably term it more like health concerns) but only recently did it become problematic when a dry cough persisted for a while and I started obsessing over the possibility it could be cancer. Ironically, I'm quite athletic and in perfect health other than the persistent globus sensation.

I'm currently on 50mg sertraline which has been helping and utilizing a book called The Worry Trick by David Carbonell that has given me useful tools for getting my worries under control. This site has been extremely helpful because it is eye opening to see how many people are in this boat with me. I'm hoping I can help provide some of the same reassurance that I've received.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Stewy and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello from Florida

Hi and welcome to NMP

Re: Hello from Florida

Nice to see a fellow American! I don't suffer from HA, just your garden variety of anxiety. Which by the way you are correct, we can beat it, I know cause I have done it.

Thread Information