Thread: Constipation or something else?

Unhappy Constipation or something else?

Hey all,so for the past three days I have been having lower abdomen pain (more on right then left but sometimes it goes there too,sometimes the pain is even in the upper quadrants too) and have been worrying about appendicitis,I have also been going to the bathroom but have not been feeling completely "empty" if you get me. I got an Xray today as the doctor didnt want to jump straight to a CT scan,and has found that I have stool in me still (Can an xray even show stool?) And sent me on my way with Colase and even an enema but I'm worried that its still appendicitis. Also my urine came back clear because they did that too. Could this pain just be plain ol constipation?

Re: Constipation or something else?

Hi, Yes it sound like constipation. The pain you can get from it can be very severe. Your Dr is obviously happy that it isn't your appendix. It sounds as though it is your anxiety that is making you question it but remember you went to the Dr for a reason and that reason was to find out what he/she thought it was. You have been examined and had tests done and they have diagnosed you with constipation. You just need to believe that and be reassured.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eros38 View Post
    Hi, Yes it sound like constipation. The pain you can get from it can be very severe. Your Dr is obviously happy that it isn't your appendix. It sounds as though it is your anxiety that is making you question it but remember you went to the Dr for a reason and that reason was to find out what he/she thought it was. You have been examined and had tests done and they have diagnosed you with constipation. You just need to believe that and be reassured.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Sometimes it even hurts when I move too,is that also normal? Also thanks

OMG yes! Sorry for the omg but that comment made me remember how much pain I was in when I moved when I had it.

Thread Information