Thread: drinking alcohol whilst on pregabalin

drinking alcohol whilst on pregabalin

Just wondering does anyone drink alcohol whilst taking pregabailn?

I haven't drank since March as have been too screwed with anxiety and just knew if I did I would be a million times worse for a week afterwards.

Just wondering in the future when I am more stable and if I am still on thias drug is it okay to have a few drinks?

Re: drinking alcohol whilst on pregabalin

I have only been on it for a few days, but did have a drink on the weekend and all I could manage was 2 cans of beer at the very most before side effects got too much. It wasn't that I was drunk mentally, but my physical coordination was completely gone and it wasn't pleasant drinking after that.

I have drunk alcohol with pregabalin, so it is possible, but as Bodhisattva above points out, pregabalin increases particularly the physical effects of alcohol, eg lowered coordination (and even passing out). So no driving a car etc and have a friend with you at all times. Particularly if you haven't had a drink since March, just have one or two glasses spaced out to see how it affects you.

Thank you both.

Hi all,

I've been on Pregabalin for a couple of days and apart from some drowsiness a couple of hours after taking it (that lasts for an hour or so then dies down) it seems to be working pretty well. I'm on 75mg twice a day.

I'm thinking about going out for a drink with friends for Xmas. I know that Pregabalin can make you feel more drunk/tired/un-cordinated than usual and I don't like the idea of that.

So my question is if I cut out Pregablin for 24 hrs before I go out do you think I'd be OK? Also, at what point do you become dependant on Pregabalin? I've only been taking it for a couple of days and it'll be for 5 days if I stop taking it 24 hours before I go out. Will that cause me any withdrawals or is my body not dependant yet?

From the drug website:

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of pregabalin such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with pregabalin. Do not use more than the recommended dose of pregabalin, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Don't stop your medication. Instead, limit your intake and have a designated driver or ride!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi!

I’ve been on pregab for a week (1x50mg 3 times a day)

I haven’t drunk alcohol for months! I decided to try 2 simple mini cocktails last weekend and I was sick, kept seeing double, 2 faces of the person I was looking at and things across their faces!?

I can’t remember much atall, and couldn’t stay awake. Woke up at 3am not knowing ... will not be drinking on this unless with family and will be stable once the intro period is over xx

In your place, I didn't drink alcohol after using pregabalin. Better to talk with your doctor, of course, but many medicine pills have a conflict with alcohol. My advice is not to increase the nervous system side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. If you continue using the alcohol with pregabalin, you may face alcohol addiction as well. The best way to cure your panic and alcohol addiction signs is to approach the right rehab clinic, like Abbeycare. Stay healthy and safe, bro!
    Last edited by Scottmm; 11-10-21 at 11:34.

Thread Information