Thread: I Lied About a death in my family so I would not have to face work

I Lied About a death in my family so I would not have to face work

I'm so worried and anxious as I have got myself into a situation which I'm afraid is going to get me into alot of trouble. I started a new job last week but it wasn't long into it that I realised that what they'd described in the interview was not the reality. Also there's alot of travelling down South to their other offices. I didn't realise it would be so much and wish I hadn't taken it now.

My boss keeps pressuring me about going down every week but I have hobbies outside of work in the evenings that I don't want to sacrifice. I said as much that I can't go often and on top of that the work is alot more difficult than expected focusing on an area I have little experience in. I'm expected to go down to the other office tomorrow, with accommodation and travel paid for but the thought of doing this job for a month, which is what the notice would be to quit, is just too much. I got myself so worked up over the last few days with having to sit in on meetings that I don't understand etc. that I became really anxious and stressed. I just know this job is wrong for me and am kicking myself for taking it. But I don't have the confidence to say it or the self esteem to just tell the truth and deal with the response. So I texted in this morning and said my gran had died. I know its awful - she died 3 years ago but I lied and said she had last night. I don't know what I'm going to do now. I was hoping that I could then get out of the job by saying later that I'm not coping and will be off for a good few weeks so won't be able to come back to the job, but I think I've made things worse for myself now. I'm so worried and ashamed. I can't go back but at the same time I'm scarred that I will be found out and I don't km know whet to do next.

My boss texted with his sincere sympathies and said that he'll speak to me soon but I'm terrified of speaking to anyone from work. I just want it all to go away and to not go back. I can't. What should I do?

Re: I Lied About a death in my family so I would not have to face work

Did you really grieve enough? I'm thinking that it's true. That is very heavy and will definitely bring on anxieties and stressors. Maybe it is the wrong job but an unstressed attitude could have gotten through it fine.

Tell your boss about your job issues and explain that you made up this excuse because of the stress it is causing.

He may come up with a solution but at worse, sack you.

Yeah... hmmm... tough one here. You kind of dug your own grave here unfortunately.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Yes Iam afraid you should have been more true full about this but actually handed your notice in and during that month look for something more suitable, Do you continue to lie and make excuses now? Like Fishmanpa says it's a tough one, good luck and hope you find the a positive way out of this mess Cheers

Thread Information