Thread: choking, trouble breathing

choking, trouble breathing

i havent been able to eat much lately because i choke on anything harder then a banana and trouble breathing, very shallow. My neurologist wrote it off as anxiety or stress but i think its still multiple system atrophy.

this is driving me nuts that no one is listening to me. or it feels like it, and that im missing knowing i might have a killer illiness.

Re: choking, trouble breathing

The more you stress about this, the worse you will become. If you can eat a banana, you can swallow perfectly fine. A banana is a solid. It's all in your head (without meaning to sound rude). At the height of my panic, I used to feel like I couldn't breathe - I used to randomly break into song or gulp water to prove to myself my throat was still open. Even now, I struggle sometimes. Infact, writing this I am coughing and excessively swallowing. I don't know what the answers are, but if you allow yourself to try and put this to the back of your mind then it will get easier. I bet you tense up when faced with something to eat, which will feel like it's struggling to go down your throat as your muscles are so tight x

Re: choking, trouble breathing

you should have an andoscopy because acid reflux or silent reflux cause thoses symptoms . sometimes they make esophagus tight

Thread Information