Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Test results. Got told to see Doc Urgently.

Blood Test results. Got told to see Doc Urgently.

So less than a week ago I got my blood test done for thyroid, vit D and probably other stuff. I had muscle and chest pain. was tired and depressed. I phoned back a few days ago and they said the stuff that has so far come back is marked as normal. Worryingly, The GP phoned me just an hour ago and told me that the doctor wants to see me and has marked it as urgent and asked if I can come and see them in the morning! I'm absolutley panicking out of my mind. I was told that it takes about 2 weeks for thyroid and Vit D to come back which makes me think the lab has found something awful and has told the GP!!!. Has anyone else had something similar? Was it something serious.

BUT when I got my blood test the nurse said that he want me to come back and see him anyway and to book an appointment because he was going on annual leave for 2 weeks. I didn't know that he wanted me to come in and see him. Is this emergency appointment just so he can't talk to me before he goes on holiday? Or has the lab found something? Which one is it? I feel SO worried.

Worried sick.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Can someone PLEASE give any feedback on anything I have said?!?!??????
    Last edited by NervousNancy; 12-07-17 at 17:37. Reason: More Info

Re: Blood Test results. Got told to see Doc Urgently.

Could be because your doc is leaving for vaca.
    It's happened to me a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypomean View Post
    Could be because your doc is leaving for vaca.
    It's happened to me a few times.

Thanks for replying man. I honestly hope that's all it is. Whats worrying me is that results aren't normally back yet also if they were, you'd think if it wasnt that serious that it could wait untill he was back or I could just get another doctor. I feel sick with worry. :'(

Will it is confusing isn't it? I was told you get the results right away, but due to your doctors schedule they tell you it's a two week wait. UNLESS there is something wrong then they red flag it and the doctor makes it priority. But you followed up on it. And so far you have normal results. It could be just that they will be out for a few weeks and they want to get it out of the way.

I would think "urgent" and "come in the morning" would not be just because the doc is going away for a little while. If so, that sounds like awful practice. Mostly because I imagine there would be someone else in the office to call and tell you "it's all normal". That's not to say "it MUST be terrible" either. Their idea of "urgent" may or may not be what the anxious mind perceives it as.

Either way, do see the doc in the morning. Whatever the case may be, they will take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    I would think "urgent" and "come in the morning" would not be just because the doc is going away for a little while. If so, that sounds like awful practice. Mostly because I imagine there would be someone else in the office to call and tell you "it's all normal". That's not to say "it MUST be terrible" either. Their idea of "urgent" may or may not be what the anxious mind perceives it as.

Either way, do see the doc in the morning. Whatever the case may be, they will take care of you.

That's exactly what i'm thinking. Plus if it was a Vitamin D thing, thats hardly and emergency and can easily wait 2 weeks so i'm guessing the best I can hope for is that I have a thyroid issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NervousNancy View Post
    That's exactly what i'm thinking. Plus if it was a Vitamin D thing, thats hardly and emergency and can easily wait 2 weeks so i'm guessing the best I can hope for is that I have a thyroid issue.
    It could be, but it seems like every other person has a thyroid issue. Try not to stress too much about it - I know, easier said than done.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I agree. My vitamin D in Feb was quite low. Minimum 30, but mine was just 15. Doc didn't even mention it in her notes. I asked her, and she said it is insignificant, for the most part. She just recommended getting more sun, as Vit D is the "sunshine vitamin".

just wondering if everything turned out ok?

Quote Originally Posted by NervousNancy View Post
    So less than a week ago I got my blood test done for thyroid, vit D and probably other stuff. I had muscle and chest pain. was tired and depressed. I phoned back a few days ago and they said the stuff that has so far come back is marked as normal. Worryingly, The GP phoned me just an hour ago and told me that the doctor wants to see me and has marked it as urgent and asked if I can come and see them in the morning! I'm absolutley panicking out of my mind. I was told that it takes about 2 weeks for thyroid and Vit D to come back which makes me think the lab has found something awful and has told the GP!!!. Has anyone else had something similar? Was it something serious.

BUT when I got my blood test the nurse said that he want me to come back and see him anyway and to book an appointment because he was going on annual leave for 2 weeks. I didn't know that he wanted me to come in and see him. Is this emergency appointment just so he can't talk to me before he goes on holiday? Or has the lab found something? Which one is it? I feel SO worried.

Worried sick.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Can someone PLEASE give any feedback on anything I have said?!?!??????
    So understand how you feel. At this point, you just have to wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information