Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharp pains in stomach and Shoulder

Re: Sharp pains in stomach and Shoulder

Hello there
    Another update!
    Well, after an awful weeken of not sleeping or eating I went private today and had the IVP xray. I was a real mess in the xray dept and the exam took about an hour. Anyway the nurse said they would send the results to my doctor in two days. At the end of the session the nurse said that the doctor would give me some feedback. I was really worried then, but as soon as I went into his office he told me everything was fine and I had nothing to worry about. He said everything looked good. I was SO relieved.
    I still have my appointment at the uroligy dept, as this was what I was referred to first. From what I have read, the IVP is what the consultant does first and then, based on those results decides on other tests.
    Although I feel much better, I am still feeling a little anxious. I have thought things like Perhaps they were just telling me that to make me feeel better?' and other such thoughts!!!!!! Can anyone understand that??????

The other worry I have had is that I have Lung cancer (I know - I don't do things by halves!!) I have always had a loud barking cough, but recently after a cold I have developed a slightly hoarse voice. I have also had the odd pain in my shoulder and collar bone. When I googled I found lung cancer!!!!!!! I am trying to tell myself that if it was that I would not be able to jog for 30 minutes or be as active as I am - but my mind seems to keeping planting these horrible thoughts.

Sorry this is so long again!

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

I was wondering if you ever got to the route of your shoulder and abdo pain? I have exactly the same symptoms of excruciating pain in my upper left abdomen and my shoulder that's really sore when i take a deep breath in burp or hiccup? I've had it for a few days and i too have self diagnosed myself with all sorts of horrible things i've found on google!

Anyway i hope it is not still giving you trouble and you are well

pippa

x

Hello Pippa

Never found out what it was, but it went away after a little while and wasn't anything horrible x

I just want to.say I get exactly the same thing, its under my right rib and shoulder. I hate it. also my h2b is having a VR soon, you sounded like me in your posts! hope your well hun.xxxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information