Thread: Helpful apps

Helpful apps

Just thought I'd share a list of apps I have found useful for my anxiety/panic attacks and depression. I have a Samsung Galaxy so I will try to find Apple store equivalents if there isn't an app on there.

1. I Love Hue - Apple and Google Play
    A game that tests your perception of colours. Drag the colours into the right order to create pretty gradients. This app has calming music and sounds and has always helped calm my attacks due to the focus required.

2. Tetris - Apple and Google Play
    I read that your mind requires a lot of focus during Tetris making it hard to panic! I've found this to be true, it distracts you enough.

3. Panic Shield - Google Play
    Has great exercises to calm you down during a panic attack including a breathing meter that you can control the speed of and use to regulate breathing. The app aims to help 'internal and external' exposure over time so you experience less panic.

4. Diaro - Google Play
    A basic diary app where you can log your day and type as much as you like. Getting out your feelings can make you feel better.

5. Whats Up - Google Play
    This app is full of coping mechanisms including a grounding game to ground you during an attack. This app has come to my rescue a lot.

6. Antistress relaxation toys - Apple and Google Play
    Full of little games to destress you like a zen garden, fish tank, clicky buttons to press. Even a digital fidget spinner.

7. Think Positive - Google Play
    Positive affirmations with a pretty gradient background. You can add your own affirmations, too.

8. Rain Sounds - Google Play but plenty Apple equivalents
    Lots of rain sounds, rain on the roof, windows, pavement, etc. You can control the volume level of thunder and all rain sounds come with soothing piano music.

9. Stop Panic and Anxiety - Google Play
    An app that contains audios to calm you down during an attack. Warning, if you are like me and do not like hearing the list of symptoms then try not to listen to the audios. The app also has a cognitive diary.

10. 7 Minute - Google Play, Apple equivalent: Seven
    A 7 minute workout for if you can get up and channel youe anxiety into working out real quick. Get healthy and redirect that energy.

11. Sleeptime boyfriend - Google Play and Apple
    Not sure how many people this app will appeal to but basically they come with different anime boyfriends in each app that have voices. With headphones in the voices are created to sound like they are realistically there and near/far from you. They say sweet, loving things and can help to feel like someone is there with you. Comes with sleep mode and an alarm.

Please let me know of any other helpful apps to add to this list. I hope I have helped and can bring some relief to someone!

Re: Helpful apps

It' really very helpful apps. Thanks for your information.

Thread Information