Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yours Support Would Be Welcomed

hi Doddy,

Welcome to the site!! I often get scared about hearing voices in my head but just tell myself that these thoughts are irrational and that I should ignore them.
    You seem to have made a lot of progress - I'm sure this site will help you to continue!!

Sarah

hello doddy my problems started 8 years ago i lost my mom to cancer id also lost my dad to the same i felt lost and hurt i decided to go out clubbing one night much to my partners disgust - to soon. it was my way of coping. i woke up in hospital 12/02/95 al i remember was an argument. i had been queer bashed my nose was broken my cheek bone had to be operated on and from then on my problems began.
    i have read yor post several times and only now at 1am i can try and say i understand. to lose part of your life and wake up different is hell.
    it takes time but you can put your life back together. belive me its some sort of test . what ever you believe its not you it was circumstance. like having a child or somrthing you never thought you would cope with - you do.
    i hated everyone especially myself - but just like you its a learning curve from this thing called life. you can ignore me or tell me to pis off but believe me. life can get better.
    xx david

**sometimes thing quite cruel thoughts about others...someimes violent thoughts....which really shocks me as I wouldnt hurt a fly.**

Hi Doddy,
    I have this as well. It is very frightening to think I have these thoughts in my head, and that I must be a monster, even though I know I'm not. It might help you to read some of the posts in the OCD section.
    You are not alone.
    Please post as much as you need to.
    Frances

Hi Doddy

A big welcome to the forum - glad to hear things are improving for you little by little and you've certainly come to the right place for lots of support.

Regarding your concerns, the very fact that you are worring about hearing voices and manic depression make it EXTREMELY unlikely that you have anything wrong with you - many actually diagnosed with pyschosis or manic depression refuse to believe there is anything wrong with them.

With respect to voices, we all have what is called an 'inner voice' and its not unusual for people to talk to themselves in the slightest. Its also not uncommon for people with anxiety to have some unpleasant thoughts at time, often about the very people we care for.

As to depression, we all spend our lives living on a continuum ranging from very happy to very sad and noone stays in exactly the same mood all the time. Ok, some folks may be lucky to have a very sunny disposition, but the fact that you mood changes from day to day or even hour to hour is totally normal.

Look forward to hearing how you're getting on

Best wishes, Jo x

Hi Doddy,

You have been through a really tough time so it is bound to take a while to make a full recovery.

I know that many of us here can relate to everything you are saying-those inner voices drivr us mad ( not literally though, so try not to worry abou that!)

I am glad the St Johns Wort seems to be helping, I have never tried it but may give it a go now!

Are your family supportive?

Let us know how you are getting on.

Sue

Hello All,

Just been reading my messages and would just like to dearly thank each and everyone of you. The support and compassion is nothing short of breath taking.....you are all truely kind and great people. I intend to print these replies and keep them with me as your words and understanding have really helped.

Went back to the gym tonight after 8 months!!! felt strnage but some get back into it.

I work in quite a hostile and cut throat industry, and to be honest i never have really expereinced genuine human compassion until i read your replies.......though im not to glad to be suffering im proud and honoured to of met you all.

Thanks.

it is very normal after a physical trauma to experience anxiety for a while. my anxiety/panic attacks started after i had pneumonia but i am doing really well. fran

fran

Hi Fran,

Happy to hear you are feeling better.

LOVE JILLXX

Hi Doddy,

How are you?
    Hope you are feeling better

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

"Every thought you think changes your biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you joy.
    Look for things that bring you a smile|"

Hi doddy ,

Great news that you got back to the gym - both work off that adrenalin and get the blood pumping round which will help your lymphatic system clear out toxins.

How are you doing now ? Has anything clicked into place that makes it easier to understand and deal with now ?

If you have any questions do post .

All panic is terrifying - but when it comes post a trauma and is a completely new phenomena in your life it is extra mind blowingly horrible and difficult to understand and deal with.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information