Thread: Citalopram: Yes Or No?

Citalopram: Yes Or No?

8 weeks into citalopram and no improvement. My anxiety is still super high. And have big problems now with avoidance and agoraphobia that I did not have at all 3 months ago before this Panic Disorder relapse. Was upped to 40 mg. 2 weeks ago and have noticed no effect. Is it time to try something else, or give it more time? Please share your citalopram expereince.

Re: Citalopram: Yes Or No?

I think it may be time to go back and discuss this. It's usually 4-6 weeks when you see a big improvement. Seeing as you're past that AND at the max dose and it's gotten worse, it may not be working. Hang in there- that's why there are multiple medications.

Thanks for your input. I see the psychiatrist Monday.

I have never had any luck with citalopram. I felt no difference in my mood and my anxiety levels increased. I suffered some weird side effects despite being on and off them for 2 years. My Dr changes every month and all have different opinions. I say to speak with the psychiatrist and perhaps go with another medication. As someone said, there are a load you can try.

Good luck x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input.

Everyone is different. Took 12 weeks before I felt any difference. Hang in there.

Thanks. Talked it through with the Dr. today. He wants to give the med 3 more weeks. Continued daily Klonopin to help with the anxiety. He's not sure if the med will work out, but wants to give the 40 mg. a little more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1718 View Post
    Everyone is different. Took 12 weeks before I felt any difference. Hang in there.
    Hi Andy, I just ran across one of your old posts and I am a teacher too. My panic disorder returned in mid April, finished the year, but am really scared to try to go back in 2 weeks. How was your teaching experience this year? I am still not getting any real relief from the citalopram and may have to change meds, something that concerns me happening near the beginning of the school year.

Hi there
    Teaching is always tough and this year was no different. Had a slight phased return which did help a little. Still find the job very stressful and I am looking to move schools or even profession. Head teacher doesn't get it. 22 years in teaching and it's not what it used to be. Stick to the cit tablets. 12 weeks for me to kick in. You will look back in6 months and wonder what the problem was.

Starting my 29th year and feel so bad. I have anxiety and panic off and on for years, but this is the worst ever.

Thread Information