Thread: 60mg to 90mg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

60mg to 90mg

how long do you need to wait for any difference in your body and brain when you go from 60mg to 90mg ,

Re: 60mg to 90mg

Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post
    how long do you need to wait for any difference in your body and brain when you go from 60mg to 90mg ,
    A few weeks. How many varies from person to person.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    A few weeks. How many varies from person to person.
    THANKS its a bitch went you think 60mg may not be enough but 90mg may be that bit to much

Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post
    THANKS its a bitch went you think 60mg may not be enough but 90mg may be that bit to much
    Any excess just ends up down the 'S' bend. One of the curious things about antidepressants is they have little effect on the brains of those without a disorder. Their brain neurotransmitter levels don't change to any significant degree. However, the impact on other organs can be the same as on ours so they may experience some of the same side-effects.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Any excess just ends up down the 'S' bend. One of the curious things about antidepressants is they have little effect on the brains of those without a disorder. Their brain neurotransmitter levels don't change to any significant degree. However, the impact on other organs can be the same as on ours so they may experience some of the same side-effects.
    Yes, plus going beyond minimal therapeutic dose is increasing it's impact on Serotonin by very small %'s until it tops out at it's maximum.

CYMBALTA is not like ssris that taget seratonin alone. it tagets NOREPHINETHRINE has well get these level wrong an you will be wired like a christmas tree lights .IF your norephinethrine is already hight this med is not for you if low then its perfect , but finding high and low is a mine field, and can send you neurotansmitters to high alert on fight and flight ,at 60mg level i find it hard to stay asleep even with 2 and a half tab mg of olanzapine , and i want off olanzapine because that 2 and a half can add more weight to a body than all the meds can take. But going up to 90mg CYMBALTA what does it target the most

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, plus going beyond minimal therapeutic dose is increasing it's impact on Serotonin by very small %'s until it tops out at it's maximum.
    some people terry are on way above the maximum level of cymbalta so it cannot have a massive impact on SEROTONIN or it would cause serotonin syndrome . and you dont want that i had it when i nurse gave me TRAMADOL on top of my meds

SOMETHING TO REMEMBER If you are doing a cross over to CYMBALTA or any med, don't count the weeks you been on Cymbalta has the cross over cancels all that out. you may be still using the other med 4 weeks into your cross over so you cannot say you have been on Cymbalta say 8 weeks because in theory you have been double teaming for 4 of the weeks. only count the weeks if you take a med on its own from START UP

I am getting relief on 60mg Cymbalta,. but my sleep pattern is all over the place i am waking at all times of the night, does anyone no if 90mg gives a better sleep pattern no other side effects only constipation but i have that under control with additives like prune juice i just cannot break the sleep loss and keep waking with bad dreams or thoughts through out the night

Thread Information