Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 60mg to 90mg

Re: 60mg to 90mg

Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post
    Will moving up to 90 mg Cymbalta make matter worse or help in the sleep department
    It probably won't help, but whether it will make it worse is something only time will tell.

Mirtazapine is a more potent antihistamine than olanzapine so may be more sedating...and with fewer potential side-effects.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    It probably won't help, but whether it will make it worse is something only time will tell.

Mirtazapine is a more potent antihistamine than olanzapine so may be more sedating...and with fewer potential side-effects.
    I was on mirtazapine, the sedation lasts about 3 days before it poops out ,Olanzapine is a big gun med if 20mg of olanzapine dont stop anxiety nothing will, ITS a last resort med and we have to sign before we take it so if it kills us i not the shrinks fault. THE MOST i have been on is 5mg they dont like you on it you get has fat has a pig on a tiny tiny pill . You say 90 mg of cymbalta wont work ??????? what is the point of 90-120mg if they dont work

You say 90 mg of cymbalta wont work ???????
    No, I meant is it probably won't help with the sleeping problem, but there is no way of knowing whether it will worsen it (other than by trying it).

Ihave a shrink nurse visit tommorow , yes i have my own NHS
    nurse that visits every 2 weeks and reports back to the shrink. i will ask her opinion but to tell the truth i think i am more clued up than her. but she is a great gal. Last night i dropped the OLANZAPINE and juggled my 6mg lorazapam a day around, At night i used to take 2mg and a half olanzapine with 1mg lorazapam , last night i took 2mg lorazapam and no olanzapine and has a slightly better night ..Thinking on i have been on cymbalta near on 8 week but 4 of the weeks were gross tappering off Pregabalin, so can i really say i have been on for 8 weeks with the interferance of crossover ,

SOMETHING TO REMEMBER If you are doing a cross over to CYMBALTA or any med, don't count the weeks you been on Cymbalta has the cross over cancels all that out. you may be still using the other med 4 weeks into your cross over so you cannot say you have been on Cymbalta say 8 weeks because in theory you have been double teaming for 4 of the weeks. only count the weeks if you take a med on its own from START UP

I am getting relief on 60mg Cymbalta,. but my sleep pattern is all over the place i am waking at all times of the night, does anyone no if 90mg gives a better sleep pattern no other side effects only constipation but i have that under control with additives like prune juice i just cannot break the sleep loss and keep waking with bad dreams or thoughts through out the night

I am getting relief on 60mg Cymbalta,. but my sleep pattern is all over the place i am waking at all times of the night, does anyone no if 90mg gives a better sleep pattern
    I guess this depends on what is causing the broken sleep. If anxiety then the higher dose may help, but if it is a med side-effect then it may become worse.

If anxiety is being well contained by 60mg then it might be better to treat the insomnia as a separate issue. I'm unclear on what the NHS policy is on adding mirtazapine (Remeron) to SNRIs, however, 15mg should be sedating enough to get you a good night's sleep if your GP can/will prescribe it. But a melatonin supplement might be worth a shot too.

I guess this depends on what is causing the broken sleep. If anxiety then the higher dose may help, but if it is a med side-effect then it may become worse.

If anxiety is being well contained by 60mg then it might be better to treat the insomnia as a separate issue. I'm unclear on what the NHS policy is on adding mirtazapine (Remeron) to SNRIs, however, 15mg should be sedating enough to get you a good night's sleep if your GP can/will prescribe it. But a melatonin supplement might be worth a shot too.
    MIRTAZAPINE is great for about 2 weeks then it loses all its purpose . and goes on to the job it likes best //////// making you fat , the sleep is a myth with mirt 15mg you are right on the nail, but its time span is a letdown plus why would i want to add another AD LESS IS MORE , MIRT is a swine to detox i have had that experience.

MIRTAZAPINE is great for about 2 weeks then it loses all its purpose . and goes on to the job it likes best //////// making you fat , the sleep is a myth with mirt 15mg you are right on the nail, but its time span is a letdown plus why would i want to add another AD LESS IS MORE , MIRT is a swine to detox i have had that experience.
    I don't disagree. Unfortunately, NHS GPs apparently can't prescribed the much better immediate-release trazodone (Desyrel) for insomnia, and mirtazapine is, imho, generally a better option for most than the antipsychotics which they can/do prescribe.

I don't disagree. Unfortunately, NHS GPs apparently can't prescribed the much better immediate-release trazodone (Desyrel) for insomnia, and mirtazapine is, imho, generally a better option for most than the antipsychotics which they can/do prescribe.
    The oral solution is very expensive compared to the caps & tabs which are similiar in price.

It's surprising because extended release meds normally cost them more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information