Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 60mg to 90mg

60mg to 90mg

how long do you need to wait for any difference in your body and brain when you go from 60mg to 90mg ,

Re: 60mg to 90mg

Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post
    how long do you need to wait for any difference in your body and brain when you go from 60mg to 90mg ,
    A few weeks. How many varies from person to person.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    A few weeks. How many varies from person to person.
    THANKS its a bitch went you think 60mg may not be enough but 90mg may be that bit to much

THANKS its a bitch went you think 60mg may not be enough but 90mg may be that bit to much
    Any excess just ends up down the 'S' bend. One of the curious things about antidepressants is they have little effect on the brains of those without a disorder. Their brain neurotransmitter levels don't change to any significant degree. However, the impact on other organs can be the same as on ours so they may experience some of the same side-effects.

Any excess just ends up down the 'S' bend. One of the curious things about antidepressants is they have little effect on the brains of those without a disorder. Their brain neurotransmitter levels don't change to any significant degree. However, the impact on other organs can be the same as on ours so they may experience some of the same side-effects.
    Yes, plus going beyond minimal therapeutic dose is increasing it's impact on Serotonin by very small %'s until it tops out at it's maximum.

CYMBALTA is not like ssris that taget seratonin alone. it tagets NOREPHINETHRINE has well get these level wrong an you will be wired like a christmas tree lights .IF your norephinethrine is already hight this med is not for you if low then its perfect , but finding high and low is a mine field, and can send you neurotansmitters to high alert on fight and flight ,at 60mg level i find it hard to stay asleep even with 2 and a half tab mg of olanzapine , and i want off olanzapine because that 2 and a half can add more weight to a body than all the meds can take. But going up to 90mg CYMBALTA what does it target the most

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, plus going beyond minimal therapeutic dose is increasing it's impact on Serotonin by very small %'s until it tops out at it's maximum.
    some people terry are on way above the maximum level of cymbalta so it cannot have a massive impact on SEROTONIN or it would cause serotonin syndrome . and you dont want that i had it when i nurse gave me TRAMADOL on top of my meds

IF your norephinethrine is already hight this med is not for you
    On the contrary, if norepinephrine levels are too high then a norepinephrine/noradrenaline (NE) reuptake inhibitor is exactly what is needed because within a few weeks it will lower NE in areas of the brain associated with anxiety and depression, just as serotonin reuptake inhibitors reduce serotonin levels in the same areas.

On the contrary, if norepinephrine levels are too high then a norepinephrine/noradrenaline (NE) reuptake inhibitor is exactly what is needed because within a few weeks it will lower NE in areas of the brain associated with anxiety and depression, just as serotonin reuptake inhibitors reduce serotonin levels in the same areas.
    i was thinking it works like WELLBUTRIN and SSRIs , ssris can make you feel flat so they add wellbutrin to pep you up a bit. if you were suffering extreme anxierty i assumed the norephinephrine in cymbalta would make anxiety worse .( I stand corrected )

i was thinking it works like WELLBUTRIN and SSRIs , ssris can make you feel flat so they add wellbutrin to pep you up a bit.
    I think the bupropion stimulation comes from the inhibition of dopamine reuptake, not NE, although there could be some synergistic interplay between the two. Nortriptyline (Pamelor), which is pretty much a straight NE reuptake inhibitor with only weak effects on the other monoamine transporters is not generally stimulating, nor is the most potent NE inhibiting antidepressant, desipramine (Norpramin), although it is is also a fairly potent serotonin reuptake inhibitor.

I have been on 60MG Cymbalta nigh on 8 weeks ,but 4 of those weeks involved a crossover from Pregabalin, though i think now the Cymbalta 60mg is working to a degree i have terrible trouble with my sleep. Sleep is broken many times at night and i awake fully at about 4 am. at the start of the crossover i was given 2 and a half mg of Olanzapine to help with sleep but that dont work anymore. Will moving up to 90 mg Cymbalta make matter worse or help in the sleep department

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information