Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: citalopram withdrawal

Re: citalopram withdrawal

I never had one single withdrawal effect coming off Cit the 3 times I've been prescribed it but start up was horrendous for me ):

I have been on citalopram for all most 3 years and three months ago i came off them and when i did thing were fine up until two three weeks ago i started getting very strange symptombs like feeling i will be diying i am out of a place not really in this world etccc. I do not want to go back on citalopram and antidepressant so i want to know about taking St John Wart and how it can help i have even had some sucidial thougths which were really disturbing please please i need help you people who made the switch beterrn citalopram and St johns wart just tell me what should i do and how and would it help in the same way as the the citalopram?

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Hi guys anyone experienced citalopram withdrawal longer than 3 montsh i havee been taking them for a all most 3 years before stopping

did you stop cold turkey? what dose were you on?

very strange really my comments were posted a while ago and yet only one person botherd to reply may i suggest that if we all want to feel and do better in life then maybe we should consider giving each other a hand WHILE WE ARE UNWELL, DURING OUR RECOVERY AND ALSO AFTER IT. maybe this will show solidarity and greater understanding instead of getting well and turning the page completely and run away. I am not telling you all what to do but making a suggestive point to consider. Perhaps we can start with me, can someone look at the comments i posted and help me please?

I would love to help you but I don't know the answer to your question. I think its best to go back to your doctor if you're concerned. I don't know about st johns wort as I've never tried it.

I know it's been a while since anyone posted here so this might not be seen. I decided to reduce Citalopram as I have been insatiably hungry for years and only just linked the two. Since reducing the hunger has sorted itself out and seems to be normal again. Hopefully I will be able to lose weight.
    I have been on 40mg for years and have reduced to 20mg over 6 weeks. I feel generally more stressed out and emotional, I've been suffering tension headaches. I have had a bad upper back for 10+ years and it seems to be getting worse, also a painful jaw which is really bad at the moment.
    I'm also exhausted, feel a bit spaced out and forgetful and lose my balance a few times. I don't know if these symptoms are to do with withdrawal especially the increased pain but I'm hoping they won't last too much longer.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information