Thread: 34 year old mum of 3 trying desperately to overcome Health Anxiety

34 year old mum of 3 trying desperately to overcome Health Anxiety

Hi everyone

I find it really hard to talk to anyone in my real life about my anxiety apart from my husband who is so bored of it (he's lovely about it but let's face it - having a wife convinced she's got a different incurable disease every week really isn't fun).

I feel at a real crossroads with my anxiety and feel that talking openly about it is helpful to me.

In terms of my mental health, my biggest problem is definitely health anxiety but I have also had treatment for OCD and GAD. I feel CBT had helped me hugely in these areas and I really have the health anxiety to get on top of now.

Beyond my mental health (i hope it never becomes my defining feature!) I run a sucsessful, creative business with my husband, have 3 kids, run every day, read a lot (I love talking books) have probably watched every crime drama box set available on every streaming service and am completely besotted with my 1 year old dog. If anyone would like to chat with me I would love someone who I can occasionally vent to about anxiety. Someone I can hopefully share tips with from therapy and other things I use to help finally overcome health anxiety and someone who likes to laugh.

Re: 34 year old mum of 3 trying desperately to overcome Health Anxiety

Hey, i'm 41, busy mum too! Very happy to chat about anything, every thing. Pm me if you like Jacqui

I could of wrote this myself. Only difference is i have 2 pups, no kids at the moment, and i dont work for myself lol. I too struggle with heath anxiety i am 33 years old from the us and i too find it hard to talk to anyone about my health anxiety. My husband is frustrated at me because i go though this, so i dont tell him when im going through my episodes, so i suffer in silence :( but im always here is you want to chat

Hey jaynespain, I have just posted looking for another Mum trying to get to grips with HA. I'd be more than happy to chat!

Hey ladies, I am a 40 year old mum of three, also looking to connect with other parents who understand this horrible condition. I would also love to chat.

Hey I too suffer with health anxiety I'm 38 have three children would love to chat

Hi Girls, 42 yr old mum of 2 fab kids, married and have up and down HA and to top it off Im a nurse! Worse career choice for a HA sufferer ever!! Feel free to PM. On here most days xx

Hi!
    I'm a busy 40 year old mum of 4 young children, and I so completely understand where you are coming from. I also come on here to vent because my husband and family (all of whom are very rational and level headed) get so frustrated with my endless terminal illnesses that I "invent" for myself. But my fear - and symptoms- are very real...:: and it is exhausting bottling up and trying to function as if nothing is wrong. Right now I have several symptoms of a brain tumour! Feel free to PM me too. I'd be happy to hear you vent (and vent right back at you!)
    Jojo x

Hi there! I'm 38, mom to 4. Several of my kids are special needs, and I myself have Fibromyalgia and Lupus. My HA usually revolves around my heart and Lupus worries. I had a photography business before I became disabled, but now it's just a hobby. I homeschool our children, and enjoy movies and arts and crafts.

Thread Information