Thread: Twitching in thumb and arm

Twitching in thumb and arm

Hey guys, I have been anxious over the past two days and was wondering if I could get some help. Yesterday my thumb started twitching for no reason before stopping. The twitching subsided after a while and the only other symptoms then were just some tremors triggered by anxiety.

I am 23 years of age at the moment and so far the only other thing that has happened specifically today was some minor arm twitching that also subsided. I have not had any hallucinations, my memory is fine apart from the odd thing that I forgot, but later remembered, so nothing significant has happened. At this point, I'm going to try and wait a week or two before confirming if it's actually something serious.

Can somebody with medical experience tell me what the chances are of this actually being cjd?

Re: Twitching in thumb and arm

You're in the wrong forum if you're looking for actual medical experience.

But going from a couple of days of some minor twitching to a super-rare brain disease is, with respect, ludicrous and is your obviously Google-fuelled health anxiety speaking, not your rational mind.

Have you got a history of health anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    You're in the wrong forum if you're looking for actual medical experience.

But going from a couple of days of some minor twitching to a super-rare brain disease is, with respect, ludicrous and is your obviously Google-fuelled health anxiety speaking, not your rational mind.

Have you got a history of health anxiety?
    Good point, but the twitching seemed unnatural and the googling kind of made me feel worse so I thought I'd consult people here.

I have been anxious about numerous things in the past (rain, worrying about something bad happening, etc), I think a lot of it has to do with anxiety of death and eternal oblivion, and CJD was just the most recent issue that propped up I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmahboi View Post
    Good point, but
    No buts. Jumping from a short-term minor thing to a deadly rare brain disease is irrational and in no way plausible.

Put Google down. In the hands of an anxious mind it will always tell you the worst, and rare deadly stuff will rise to the top as you ignore every website you see that says things like "twitches are a common symptom of anxiety".

Thread Information