Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HORRIBLE PALPITATIONS/MISSED BEATS

Hi, thanks to everyone for their messages. i have tried to reply a few times but I keep having problems with the website not responding!

Anyway, still not feeling much better and now have new sympton of light headedness and feeling floaty/unreal like everywhere is moving (luckily so far not at the same time as missing/ectopic beats) but this is freaking me out. My head just feels really light it started last night and I got so worked up I had a major panic attack where I was shaking all over and couldn't stop the SCARED feeling. I really could do without any more nasty symptoms as I have had enough of them and |I just worry about something and it seems to take me over. Anyone else felt like this. Please HEEEELLLLP I feel like i am slowly going mad and my husband does not have a clue how to handle me.

Hey LinJane

*at least I hope it is different to mine* . It certainly is .. his is SVT or paroxymal Atrial Fibrillation and yours is adrenalin induced ectopic beats. No similarity at all in duration or cause.

The light headedness/ unreal is also adrenalin/ cortisol induced and will go when you relax. It is just a protective measure your body goes into when you're very anxious.

You really need to learn to relax breate correctly and not get worked up about these symptoms- none of them will harm you.

Get your husband to log on and we'll give hum some pointers.

Please read First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

The site is slow but do just press submit once it does eventually respond .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi Meg,
    I am trying hard to relax but I don't seem to manage half the time! I wish I could learn to accept that these things are not dangerous and get on with my life and ignore them, but I find it so hard. Is it really not harmful even when I get them nearly every day....??

Thanks for your help.
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hey LinJane

*at least I hope it is different to mine* . It certainly is .. his is SVT or paroxymal Atrial Fibrillation and yours is adrenalin induced ectopic beats. No similarity at all in duration or cause.

The light headedness/ unreal is also adrenalin/ cortisol induced and will go when you relax. It is just a protective measure your body goes into when you're very anxious.

You really need to learn to relax breate correctly and not get worked up about these symptoms- none of them will harm you.

Get your husband to log on and we'll give hum some pointers.

Please read First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

The site is slow but do just press submit once it does eventually respond .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 10 November 2004 : 16:32:34</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi LinJane

I use to have the same exact problems and sometimes they return too. The thing that has helped me the most has been exercise, especially cardio.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information