Thread: Blood test results

Blood test results

I went to dr she said I was ok got a blood test and she said I'm slightly anemic. What's that mean is that bad does it cause or mean cancer? She's giving me vitamins d pills for it and wants to check blood again in two months. She didn't sound concerned but it's scary to think it means anything bad any advice

Re: Blood test results

Quote Originally Posted by scaredgirl86 View Post
    I went to dr she said I was ok got a blood test and she said I'm slightly anemic. What's that mean is that bad does it cause or mean cancer? She's giving me vitamins d pills for it and wants to check blood again in two months. She didn't sound concerned but it's scary to think it means anything bad any advice
    It's a very common, especially with women of childbearing age. It just means your blood is a bit low on red blood cells. If you've been feeling a bit tired lately, that could be why. It's not a big deal, especially if your doctor isn't concerned. Take the vitamins and see where things are in a couple of months.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

And try and eat foods that contain iron naturally to keep your stores up - liver I believe is one of the foods with the most iron but there are lots of others.

I was wrong the vitamins are for vitamin d she isn't giving me anything for the anemia and wants me back it two weeks. It's making me worried that I need to go back that fast

I had low vit D my last checkup. I was given a course of twelve weeks of a vit. D pill (1x a week). I go back in a couple of months to follow up. I feel fine... no biggie. Heck, if i got more sun, I'd probably be fine but with work and such, it's hard to get a lot of sun and it's freakin' hot right now

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Many women get anemic because of our periods. We might have a few long ones with a heavy flow and poof! We're anemic! It's happened to me several times. It's nothing to worry about.

Go eat a steak and some spinach salad

Thread Information