Thread: Hello people 👋

Hello people 👋

Hi everyone! 🙂

I'm a 45 year old guy with a passion for running and cats 🐱! Yep! Got three of 'em and they're my fur babies! I've started with this as I think it's important not to identify myself by my mental health!!!

I've been challenged by anxiety for 25 years now. Panic attacks? Been there. Depression? Done that! SSRIs and SNRIs? Never again! (OMG the side effects!) Occasional use of Valium has dug me out of a few ruts in the last couple of years, but I don't know which version of me is going to turn up from one day to the next! Looking for stability. With this in mind I've just started Pregabalin. Worth a try, I think! Day 2 and no side effects so far. I know it could be several days before I feel anything. Wish me luck!!

😀

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Montyzoo and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello people 👋

Morning Montyzoo. I would like to think that the fact that you are a runner is a definite plus. I've found that walking and meditating every few days helps me a lot. As far as the medication, don't know I still take a mild dose of Prozac. But the fact you are physical and proactive in your treatment are definite pluses. Welcome to NMP and best to you on your journey Montyzoo.

Re: Hello people ��

montyzoo to NMP Iam 45 too You do seem very proactive in what you are achieving well done Hope you continue in this progress Cheers

Thanks fduop

Exercise definitely helps. Whatever form it takes, it can be a great confidence booster. It's definitely a vital component of anxiety management for me. Anxiety still has a hold on me, but most of the time I have a hold on it too! Still, waging a never ending war with stress is exhausting and I inevitably crash. It's stability I seek and for that I need a way to take my baseline anxiety level down a few notches. Easier said than done.

Hi, Welcome to the forum. This, I hope, will help you a lot if just knowing that there are many of us out there dealing with anxiety, depression and panic attacks.

I'm still on citalopram. I have regretted taking it but I've got used to it now and I'm being very dogged in not increasing my dose. I could do with doing that lately after taking for 6 years but, I'm gonna drag my feet on this one.

I'm using a relaxation CD with stretching exercises. I find that's helping me out. Hope the new meds work out. It sounds like they may well do. Side effect from citalopram tend to be 20 minutes after taking the first pill!!!! Yes, that was my experience in starting citalopram.

Good luck, hope it goes well

Thanks Justin

I'm not sure what I'm going get from forum yet, or possibly offer the forum with my own experience. Its definitely helpful to read about other people's experiences, sometimes thinking "I've been there" but other times being reminded that compared to some, my experiences have been mild! Wow I just used the word "experience" a lot!

Day 3 on pregabalin. No side effects. Already increased dose from 50mg twice daily to three times daily. It might be having a slight calming effect but I can't be sure. Feel okay. Think I might be sleeping a bit better too. I have read that many people don't feel any benefit until 300mg daily so I guess I'll take it a day at a time.

Thread Information