Thread: Anybody have their ADs be affected by stress/alcohol but kick back in after a while?

Anybody have their ADs be affected by stress/alcohol but kick back in after a while?

I'm on 40mg of paroxetine. Took 20mg since 18 (now 40) but had some major stresses give me insomnia and panic last year so now on 40mg.

I have been on the road to recovery recently, feeling myself and sleeping well again. But then my tinnitus (had for 7 years) got worse which was stressful but I got my head around and then I had a few too many drinks at a wedding last week. Since then I've had depression come back, so for just over a week. It can flip to anxiety then back to depression. Bringing back unhelpful negative thinking etc.

It has happened a few months ago where stress and a bit of drink seemed to knock my tablets off kilter, gave me depression but they kicked back in after a few of weeks without a change in dosage.

Has anyone else had this where they have perhaps overstretched themselves and it's overwhelmed their meds so you've had to wait for them to wrestle back control again?

Re: Anybody have their ADs be affected by stress/alcohol but kick back in after a whi

Alcohol causes your Serotonin to spike. Maybe then the body has to rebuild that equilibrium?

There are many threads/posts about alcohol knocking people into a spiral for days & longer so it's obviously a possibility.

Re: Anybody have their ADs be affected by stress/alcohol but kick back in after a whi

Thanks Terry,

Yeh, NoMorePanic says my current dose of paroxetine is having a tug of war with my mood and the alcohol. Definitely think the tinnitus spike and alcohol beat the paroxetine down into submission. I'm starting to get glimmers of the paroxetine fighting back again now.

May go up in dose if it happens again.

Thread Information