Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Never asked before,could really do with some words and hugs.

Re: Never asked before,could really do with some words and hugs.

All she could say was the report hadn't come back from the radiologist yet. When it does it would go on the surgeons desk and he would write to me. It's one big pain in the arse! How long will that take, who know's. To be honest my Hospital is so slow with everything it's a joke.

Have you had your results Pulisa? I know you see your GP next week.

Sorry BM. think I mad a spelling mistake (bus not bust)

Anyway I said to this lady. I am sure they will have you in straight away if it was serious. Her answer was NO they look at the ones before me as there is a pile up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Sorry BM. think I mad a spelling mistake (bus not bust)

Anyway I said to this lady. I am sure they will have you in straight away if it was serious. Her answer was NO they look at the ones before me as there is a pile up!!!
    Oh yeah, i've just looked back i hadn't noticed. I wonder if anyone thought your town had some sort of rest areas for ladies with large bust's.

Yep i really don't trust my hospital to do anything quick. I could tell so many horror stories about mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    All she could say was the report hadn't come back from the radiologist yet. When it does it would go on the surgeons desk and he would write to me. It's one big pain in the arse! How long will that take, who know's. To be honest my Hospital is so slow with everything it's a joke.

Have you had your results Pulisa? I know you see your GP next week.
    I'm sorry you have no news, Matt. My results are back and I see the GP on Tuesday. My MRI was a direct referral from the GP so no Consultants involved.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm sorry you have no news, Matt. My results are back and I see the GP on Tuesday. My MRI was a direct referral from the GP so no Consultants involved.
    That's good then Let us know how you get on. If that's ok with you?

I know i'm over sensitive when it comes to the NHS, but they just don't seem to have anything right, or they've not with me anyway. Even after i met the surgeon at the end of Feb who arranged the MRCP, i had a call a week later to say i'd need a blood test to check my kidney function as i was having the IV contrast, why the surgeon didn't think to say at the time as i had to walk past phlebotomy when i wen't.

We had a story in our local paper not long ago about an elderly couple in their late 80's. The husband was a full time carer for his wife who was in a wheelchair, he phoned his GP as he was unwell and the GP told him to ring 999 as the GP suspected a stroke. The poor man never made it that far and died. As his wife couldn't fend for herself she died also whilst he was laying dead on the floor. The whole time i was reading the story i was thinking if i was that GP it would be on my mind and i would check the following day to see everything was ok, but nope nobody gives a f#ck anymore.

That's just awful. How she stayed with her dead husband until she died, how traumatic that must have been. How can no one realise that old people die and they just lie there?

When I was new at my last firm I started in a dept that processed returning meter sheet information from engineers. There were a couple of occasions where engineers called and noticed something that made them look through the windows where a dead old person was found. In one case the police determined they had been like that for 6 months. It just silenced the office when the person processing the sheet read it out in disbelief. Very sad.

Hope your ok too, pulisa

I feel like I live down my surgery at the moment. I haven't been in years and now I'm there every week over asthma check up work and the > 40 health check that's turned up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That's just awful. How she stayed with her dead husband until she died, how traumatic that must have been. How can no one realise that old people die and they just lie there?

When I was new at my last firm I started in a dept that processed returning meter sheet information from engineers. There were a couple of occasions where engineers called and noticed something that made them look through the windows where a dead old person was found. In one case the police determined they had been like that for 6 months. It just silenced the office when the person processing the sheet read it out in disbelief. Very sad.

Hope your ok too, pulisa

I feel like I live down my surgery at the moment. I haven't been in years and now I'm there every week over asthma check up work and the > 40 health check that's turned up stuff.
    Hope your ok mate? And you get sorted with what your health check has turned up!

It's terrible Terry and as you say, it's just so sad. Nobody seems to have the time or brains to think about the older generation.

I was talking with my Partner earlier, she had been out with my little one and had to cross a busy road (no choice). The 1st thing i said was i bet nobody stopped to let you cross and nobody had. If i see somebody trying to cross the road i stop especially when they have a young child. People are just far to busy to delay their day by 30seconds

I got picked up for Hypertension on the > 40 health check so it was more blood tests to follow up on starting meds, EKG (or ECG, always get them mixed up), etc. Blood pressure is down after two weeks so I've just got to carry on and address lifestyle issues.

It also picked up raised cholesterol so lifestyle changes.

And I had an asthma clinic to attend. They wanted to do a liver check. Which proved my Duloxetine hasn't caused any issues there so I was happy they did that as this med is known for liver issues in heavy drinkers and I've always wondered if my fatigue was connected even though I haven't had alcohol for some years.

They now think my asthma has gone. It may return later in life though. So I'll see how I go without medication. My breathing issues now fall back to the muscular tension from the Duloxetine. Removing steroidal inhalers might help with anxiety but the Duloxetine issues probably outweigh anything positives. I guess I will see.

Nothing on a par with your problems mate. Totally the opposite as I can't get rid of them! They're always booking me in for stuff right now. Now change that to mental health and it's a giant tumbleweed by comparison.

Some people stop for others around my way, they often will on quiet roads, but never on busy roads. I think some drivers dislike pedestrians who aren't at the lights but you only get them on busy roads or in towns anyway.

You're right about many on the roads, it's all rushing about.

Sorry to hear that you are being pursued by the Health Police, Terry. Have you ever considered trying to come off duloxetine just to see how you would manage? I know how hard this would be psychologically though-better the devil you know etc..

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Oh yeah, i've just looked back i hadn't noticed. I wonder if anyone thought your town had some sort of rest areas for ladies with large bust's.

Yep i really don't trust my hospital to do anything quick. I could tell so many horror stories about mine.
    I only live in a small village Mat. There maybe a rest area for large busted ladies, I am not one of them.

My husband had 13 visits to our local hospital in 3 months.
    He actually was ready for going to theatre early when they decided not to operate. nothing up with him apparently..
    I cold tell you more that has happened over the years, but not saying.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information