Thread: Kids leaving Primary/ high school?

Kids leaving Primary/ high school?

I'm sure most parents dread their babies growing up and leaving primary/high school.. but it's inevitable isn't it?
    Today is the day my boy leaves Primary, my anxiety is just off the scale right now.. has anyone else been like this? It's so hard!!
    Hugs to the parents/ carers out there who are no doubt feeling rather emotional this week! x

Re: Kids leaving Primary/ high school?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanditanymore View Post
    I'm sure most parents dread their babies growing up and leaving primary/high school.. but it's inevitable isn't it?
    Today is the day my boy leaves Primary, my anxiety is just off the scale right now.. has anyone else been like this? It's so hard!!
    Hugs to the parents/ carers out there who are no doubt feeling rather emotional this week! x
    Have you thought about how he feels?

I remember going from primary to secondary.. nerve racking. What got me through is all my mates going to the same place.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know & they seem so small too. It is a massive step but I was more worried than the kids were, it amazed me how they both just got on with it. My eldest, a boy now 22,was quite outgoing but my daughter 14 is quieter & has learning difficulties but both of them were just fine It is a difficult part of being a parent & I can't think many parents won't be worried but it is also a time to be really proud as your little man takes a new big step. Enjoy your summer & he will be fine. All the best

Quote Originally Posted by LDoubleE View Post
    Have you thought about how he feels?

I remember going from primary to secondary.. nerve racking. What got me through is all my mates going to the same place.

Yes, I definitely have! I've done nothing but try and encourage and big up high school. My heart breaks for him too.. I think it's a tough world once you leave Primary School.. but yes, at least he has got a very good circle of friends

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanditanymore View Post
    Yes, I definitely have! I've done nothing but try and encourage and big up high school. My heart breaks for him too.. I think it's a tough world once you leave Primary School.. but yes, at least he has got a very good circle of friends
    Definitely stressful in high school.. be there to support him. I never got much support from my family at the time of exams and stuff. Probably adversely affected me somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakelady View Post
    I know & they seem so small too. It is a massive step but I was more worried than the kids were, it amazed me how they both just got on with it. My eldest, a boy now 22,was quite outgoing but my daughter 14 is quieter & has learning difficulties but both of them were just fine It is a difficult part of being a parent & I can't think many parents won't be worried but it is also a time to be really proud as your little man takes a new big step. Enjoy your summer & he will be fine. All the best
    I'm immensely proud! He's an amazing little boy, always has been thank you for your reassurance x

Thread Information