Thread: High anxiety. scared and need advice fear of ALS

High anxiety. scared and need advice fear of ALS

On July 2 ,2017 i had a panic attack fearing i had a bad tooth . Money is tight right now and i wouldn't have money to fix tooth. Few days go bye and tooth doesnt hurt anymore but my ears felt like i had Pressure like when your on a airplane. My Anxiety shot to the roof because it would just not go away. Finally went to a doctor and she said i had middle ear infection. Thank god the pressure went away but i still had a stiff neck and anxiety.
    Couple days go bye and my Arms and left leg felt weak. left arm felt more weak. odd thing i was still able to lift and do everything normal . then as i touched my left arm my elbow area hurt like it was a pinched nerve. .

About a week ago i washed my 10 gallon fish tank when i was done my arms and legs felt shaky .
    I do have twitches in different parts of my body . just one every so offen .and my mid lower back hurts

i googled Symptoms and got Als .when as you can guess my Anxiety ia going crazy . having non stop panic attacks. . i should of never used Google.

am able to walk fine , lift my hands fine.everything normal. only thing is when i eat i frel the food stuck in my chest ,could be the anxiety. I had wife check my body for twitching i wasnt aware of for a good hour and she saw nothing. also no muscle loss.

please help me .

Re: High anxiety. scared and need advice fear of ALS

You have no symptoms of ALS I've twitched everyday for almost 2 years and I'm fine, and so are you. Twitching is normal everyone twitches. In ALS your brain loses the ability to control muscles ,so if you are twitching in ALS you wouldn't be able to mo e the affected muscle. Calm down and do t fear or look into this disease anymore the anxiety from it can ruin you. You are ok if you can go about your day and be able to perform daily tasks like walking opening your door wiping your ass then you are fine. I hope this gives you some relief because looking up horror stories won't so don't do it.

nivekc251 ... thank you. Anxiety is ab!tch. I have a 3 year son and thinking i have Als Is a killer. The Mind is powerful and makes you think and feel things . I appreciate your comment and being Straight up with me . much love and respect

ive had this dreaded fear for about 10 months now. Please, stay off google. Google is whats made it all worse for me.

Just recently for me its been my fingers twitching, going side to side. I was doing so well, and then boom....smack bottom.

It really helps to find hobbies. I walk around the mall, try to work more, go out with people, meditate, draw, write, read.

BazB44.. definitely need to get away from google. i freaked out .. i had panic attacks maybe last 1 day or so. but this was a Biig one. definitely going to start getting out more. thank you for your comment and i hope you feel better soon also. god bless

Please read this... AND... do not read, join or post on the ALS forums. It's disrespectful to those really suffering.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If you go to aboutbfs.com you can learn about benign facisculation syndrome. Its benign twitches and it is harmless. I saw it 2 years ago and thought man it would be nice to have that but I know my luck this is ALS. I was wrong I have BFS and I ignore the twitches and don't let them ruin my day.

Thread Information