Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear of rabies and terrible anxiety :(

Re: Fear of rabies and terrible anxiety :(

If rabies was as common and easy to catch as the rabies-fearers on this forum thought it was, it would be at epidemic proportions and anyone who ever had contact with a wild mammal would be dying of it left right and centre. It's not - it's vanishingly rare.

But the nature of the fear is arbitrary here, and you need to see a professional to work on your irrational anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    If rabies was as common and easy to catch as the rabies-fearers on this forum thought it was, it would be at epidemic proportions and anyone who ever had contact with a wild mammal would be dying of it left right and centre. It's not - it's vanishingly rare.

But the nature of the fear is arbitrary here, and you need to see a professional to work on your irrational anxiety.
    I have been in CBT for five years now and currently my therapist is on vacation so I won't be seeing her for a month. They haven't put me on meds yet, but I am pretty sure with my recent fears they will. Depression and anxiety gets the best of me

I'm so sorry! Rabies fear is a bad one. My therapist recently started me on something where I list the possibilities and probabilities.

Possibilities are endless. But what is more probable. That you had a bat land on your head without you feeling it (also which usually DON'T smack into people because echo location) and bit you.

Or is it a probability that this is anxiety? I know for me listing things this way has helped a lot. And remember the mind is a VERY VERY powerful thing. I've given myself pains just from worrying about it

I'm going through a similar problem, and I'm really worried too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information