Hi PDU

I have seen the psych this morning and she has agreed to changing to Clomipramine. The schedule she has given me is as follows: I am currently on 125mg of Nort.

Sunday
Nortriptyline 3 tabs (75mg)

Tuesday
Nortriptyline 1 tab (25mg)

Wednesday
Clomipramine 1 tab (25mg)

Thursday
Clomipramine 2 tabs (50mg)

Sunday
Clomipramine 3 tabs (75mg)

I have asked if I could spend a week at each level with the Clomipramine, so 25mg one week, 50mg week two etc.

Do you think slowing down the increase in Clomipramine is necessary or do you think because I am taking the Nortriptyline it would be better to ramp it up over a week.

I hate medication changes and my anxiety is already high just thinking about it. Sorry for all the questions. Thank you again for all the information you have shared with me. I know I should be asking the psych some of these questions, but the psych is a bit of a scatterbrain, she asked me what medications I'm on when I go in, and then says 'oh, I have so many patients I can't remember what everyone is on'. So I would probably trust your judgement more than hers. The only reason I am staying with her is because she is linked to the hospital where I was admitted at the end of last year.
Thanks PDU.