Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Imipramine or Clomipramine

Re: Imipramine or Clomipramine

Hi All

I am currently having a bad period of anxious depression and have been upping clomipramine from 30mg(the dose I have been on for 5 years) to 70mg and I can't say I feel any better, just as anxious/depressed but have been messaging PDU for some advice on dosing. Anyway I have gone to 100mg tonight and gonna try to give it a shot until my next GP appt on 26th April, so at least I will have given it a go and then if I am better or worse I can report back to Doc. Wanting to ask if anyone in this thread is still on a TCA and if so how are they getting on with it. I need some moral support. I can't tolerate SSRI's, so really hoping this increase helps. I am not really sure if I have had any side effects from the increase yet as it is hard to tell what is me and what is anxiety. Heart rate is speedy but it was anyway with anxiety just before Christmas, so again hard to say if it is the clom. x

Quote Originally Posted by purplepie View Post
    Hi All

I am currently having a bad period of anxious depression and have been upping clomipramine from 30mg(the dose I have been on for 5 years) to 70mg and I can't say I feel any better, just as anxious/depressed but have been messaging PDU for some advice on dosing. Anyway I have gone to 100mg tonight and gonna try to give it a shot until my next GP appt on 26th April, so at least I will have given it a go and then if I am better or worse I can report back to Doc. Wanting to ask if anyone in this thread is still on a TCA and if so how are they getting on with it. I need some moral support. I can't tolerate SSRI's, so really hoping this increase helps. I am not really sure if I have had any side effects from the increase yet as it is hard to tell what is me and what is anxiety. Heart rate is speedy but it was anyway with anxiety just before Christmas, so again hard to say if it is the clom. x
    Hi! I am on Nortriptyline and have been since 2016. I take 150mg which is the highest dose you can take of that medication. I think I remember having faster heart rate when I first started, but that seems to have settled. The main side effects I get are dry mouth and constipation. I was initially on 125mg and when I went up to 150mg my anxiety improved. If you have any other questions, please contact me. Tracy

Thanks, I am a week into 100mg of clomipramine and I feel horrendous - anxiety is off the scale and I am so down.

I am to start Clomipramine for intrusive thoughts switching from 75 mgs of amitriptyline to 50 of Clomipramine are the side effects bearable I have a prescription of Xanax if the anxiety gets bad what dose did you start at

Are you still on Clomipramine

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information