Thread: Escitalopram to sertraline

Escitalopram to sertraline

HI guys,

Iam currently weaning off escitalopram 20mg to 10mg to go on see trained 25mg to 50mg,

I'm absolutely petrified about changing I know I need to coz it's not working any more and I know it's going to cause some increased anxiety but my main worry is just watching a documentary that targeted sertraline as causing phycosis,

Really would love to hear from people that have switched successfully and that sertraline us a safe ssri

Re: Escitalopram to sertraline

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa76 View Post
    my main worry is just watching a documentary that targeted sertraline as causing phycosis,
    I am unaware of any evidence that sertraline is more likely to trigger psychosis than the other SSRIs. If this wasn't an issue with citalopram then it is unlikely to be with sertraline.

Really would love to hear from people that have switched successfully and that sertraline us a safe ssri
    It is arguably a safer med than citalopram, fewer drug-drug interactions and less potentially cardio toxic.

Thread Information