Thread: Pissed off at psychiatrist...want to come off all drugs.

Pissed off at psychiatrist...want to come off all drugs.

Long story short. Had my appt with psychiatrist yesterday. He asked how I was doing and I told him not to bad. Besides the tingling in my hands and fingertips.

Anyway, I have been seeing him for 5 months and been on Klonopin that long. All the AD we tried dint work and a few I dint use that he prescribed because of side effect with other ones.

So he wanted me to take another AD and I really dont want to and will not take it.

I have been taking approx 1mg of Klonopin at night and sometimes .50 in the morning for atleast the last three months.

He gave me a prescription for another box 30 day supply until next appoitment that gives me approx 50 pills total.

I am determined to beat this anxiety/depression on my own. I did it before in my 20s and I want to try my best again.

Any advice on how to taper off this and a little off subject for here this finger tingling from the klonopin or anxiety. Thanks

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Pissed off at psychiatrist...want to come off all drugs.

I think you should speak to your psych again re tapering advice at your next appointment. Stick to 1mg daily till then but see if you can reduce/cut out the half dose.

The tingling is more likely due to anxiety than the med but it's difficult to say for sure.

Good luck with trying to beat this without meds. However, I don't think there is anything wrong with using them either. After all, we have to do the hard work - meds just help.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by jdheart View Post
    All the AD we tried dint work and a few I dint use that he prescribed because of side effect with other ones.
    Which meds didn't work, what was the maximum dose taken and how long were you at that dose?

Any advice on how to taper off this and a little off subject for here this finger tingling from the klonopin or anxiety. Thanks
    You should discuss this with your psychiatrist. It would be easier to switch to diazepam and to wean off that as it has a much longer half-life so usually gives a smoother 'ride.'

The tingling could be from either, but more likely to be anxiety related. Shallow breathing is a common anxiety related trigger, though not the only one.

Thabks for replys. I tried Lexpro and four others longest I lasted was 8 days more because of my job was making me sleepy and my job is dangerous at times.

Psychiatrist for some reason refuses to give me Valium. Never used it or xanax he thinks Klonopin is good enough until AD kick in which for some reason I get to many side effects.

I can tell at times my anxiety has been better than where I was a few months ago. But now this finger tingling started and I still get the trapped wind pain or whatever behind sternum off and on.. Anxiety gets old..thanks

Valium is very addictive and doctors here in the States rarely prescribe it. I applaud you for dealing with anxiety without medication. I did it. I still have my moments sometimes but with the tools my therapist gave me I'm the best I've ever been. I didn't like the way the drugs effected me. I didn't feel like myself. I would just tell him you want to taper off and ask him what the best approach is.

Thread Information