Thread: sharp chest pain

sharp chest pain

Hi, for the past 2 days I have been getting a sharp pain in the upper right side of my chest when I breathe in/lean forward. Could this be muscular or something to worry about?

Re: sharp chest pain

Do you have reflux/GERD issues? Could also be muscular.
    P.S. You’re not going to die. Here’s the white-hot truth: if you go bankrupt, you’ll still be okay. If you lose the gig, the lover, the house, you’ll still be okay. If you sing off-key, get beat by the competition, have your heart shattered, get fired…it’s not going to kill you. Ask anyone who’s been through it.” ~Danielle LaPorte

CardioPhobin' since 2011.

Thanks for replying..I don't have reflux issues no, so hoping its muscular and not heart related

I'm willing to bet that may be the case. Especially if it's happening when you move in certain ways. Do some deep breathing (even though it may hurt and/or be uncomfortable) and do some stretches!
    P.S. You’re not going to die. Here’s the white-hot truth: if you go bankrupt, you’ll still be okay. If you lose the gig, the lover, the house, you’ll still be okay. If you sing off-key, get beat by the competition, have your heart shattered, get fired…it’s not going to kill you. Ask anyone who’s been through it.” ~Danielle LaPorte

CardioPhobin' since 2011.

Upper right is less likely cardiac in nature, as far as I know. May be wrong. But it happens with change in position, or when breathing in, which leads me to agree completely with Mrs. Anxiety.

I suffer from shoulder pain caused by my terrible posture and working as a cashier. I've noticed that if I've been slouching pretty bad my chest will hurt, especially worse when taking a deep breath. But if you think about it, even just breathing expands those muscles. Further, something like a heart attack tends to feel like someone is squeezing your heart and comes with other symptoms. If you'd been having a heart attack for days, you wouldn't be here asking about it.

Sounds like gas. Pretty much exactly what I experienced with it, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by scared1998 View Post
    Thanks for replying..I don't have reflux issues no, so hoping its muscular and not heart related
    Hi hun I'm too having the same problem but mine has been going on about 2 weeks now it feels sharp and stabbing but mines been centre than left and today its right its really concerning me. Been to drs many times they are saying its not my heart but worried cos nothing is helping and I'm overweight have smoked in my life.

Thread Information