Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on here ever had pancreatitis?

Has anyone on here ever had pancreatitis?

I'm waiting on results for pancreatitis and I'm having a panic attack as im scared
    If it comes back positive that it'll turn into pancreatic cancer...

Anyone had pancreatitis and been able to live comfortably for a long time?

Re: Has anyone on here ever had pancreatitis?

Why is it that you think you have pancreatitis? Are you experiencing blood sugar issues?

What do you mean results? Are you taking tests to see f you have pancreatitis?

I feel with you. I have been through that fear myself. I mean; I was foirst afraoid of pancreatities and then the fear morphed into the more violent fear of pancreatic cancer; just the word is freaking me out; every time I read or hear about someone who died form that I want to scream.

Hi I had severe acute pancreatitis in 2008 due to gallstone blockage was on heavy sedation and I V antibiotics for almost 3 wks before having my gallbladder removed.To this day I have pain in area of my pancreas but I'm still here! And still under investigation with gastrokeep smiling I doubt very much you have anything wrong with your pancreas believe me...you would know about it.

Thanks for the replies! I've had abdominal and back pain so I had an ultrasound 3 days ago and found out this morning it showed gallstones.
    I'm worried because I've had the pain for years and probably left it too long and am now worried they'll cause chronic pancreatitis from leaving them in too long I stupidly googled chronic pancreatitis and it says you eventually die from the pancreas dying ... I just never learn

My bloods showed normal lipase levels but the doctor said they only rule out acute pancreatitis not chronic ( which is the degrading of the pancreas type) the only way to test for chronic pancreatitis is more scans and I don't know whether going down that path is a good idea.

All of this is probably anxiety but for a bit of TMI I've also had oily stools which make me certain it's chronic pancreatitis and that I am on deaths door.

I'm really annoying my husband at the moment and I don't blame him.

Im out of control.

When I was 17 yeah. I was partying a bit too much then and after a rather alcohol indulgent evening, I started getting stomach pains. It got so bad that I woke my parents and they took me to the hospital. I was in there a couple of days. I don't know if pancreatitis has sub categories like mild, chronic, acute etc. but I'll tell you this, I was one hurtin' pup!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    When I was 17 yeah. I was partying a bit too much then and after a rather alcohol indulgent evening, I started getting stomach pains. It got so bad that I woke my parents and they took me to the hospital. I was in there a couple of days. I don't know if pancreatitis has sub categories like mild, chronic, acute etc. but I'll tell you this, I was one hurtin' pup!

Positive thoughts
    Fishmanpa, do you ever want to punch some of us out on this forum ?( especially the repetitive ones like me)

I noticed You never mention your own worries, you only fix other people's . You obviously have a lot of patience and empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Positive thoughts

Were you diagnosed with pancreatitis? At 17?

Hi, what is it makes you think you have pancreatitis?

You say you're worried about chronic pancreatitis. In case it helps to reassure you at all, I'm a 43 year old recovering alcoholic, and something like 70% of cases or more of chronic pancreatitis are due to prolonged (as in decades long) continual abuse of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    Were you diagnosed with pancreatitis? At 17?
    Yep... I remember being in the ER literally screaming in pain. The last thing I remember is getting a shot of meds then waking up in the morning. I was sore as hell but yes, it was an acute case of pancreatitis from too much alcohol consumption.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information