Thread: More and more situations

More and more situations

I am sure it is because I am sensitive to it at the moment, but this week I seem to be getting more and more situations thrown at me.

I have a 3 day residential course that I HAVE to attend in a couple of week.
    Being away from home for a day is bad enough, but two nights is worrying me alot.

The second is that a court case that I have been expecting for the last 23 years has finally come to be heard. Nothing nice at all and I am going to have to relive many nightmares from the past.

The thought of relaying this again after so many years is not a great help.

Re: More and more situations

It's easy said and not always easy done but try and focus on the positive effects of events rather than the negative ones.

Being away you may meet some nice people and have a good time.
    It will be a good chance to try your coping strategies out.

The court case is not going to be pleasant but at least it will be dealt with and you might be able to draw a line under events afterwards and move forward. At least you won't have the thought of a possible court case sometime in the future hanging over your head. It will be done and dealt with at last.

Hi U.A.L

Don't have much advice I'm afraid.

Except that after 23 yrs, the light at the end of the tunnel may now be within sight? And soon you'll be looking back on whatever it is and not anxiously anticipating it.

And if you approach this res. course as you have all your other meetings, you'll come through....even if the ride's a bit bumpy. You can 'phone home' and maybe even get online if there's access eh?

Will a hug do?

Thanks GG & Trev.

The court case seems less of a concern as it is a one off and it wil end there.

The work related bits just keep coming. I have two interviews to do on Friday, oddly enough these do not worry me at all.
    The ongoing meetings do worry me. This is despite the last being absolutely panic free.
    Two nights/three days away will be a different experience. Again, I lived in hotels in the UK and Europe for three years not too long ago.

I will indeed have the laptop in case of wifi at the hotel.

GG. The hug was well received.Thanks

Thread Information