Thread: Pinpoint spots when I itch, freaking out.

Pinpoint spots when I itch, freaking out.

I'm a 24 year old female, about a few weeks ago I went to the ER because I had a bladder infection. They did an exam, and they perscribed me Macrobid. After a few days on Macrobid, my arms started to itch quite frequently. I also noticed a few pinpointed red petichiae on my arms that go away within a few days, some of them have stayed. I also work in a factory, and I bump into things quite often without realizing and I noticed some bruises on me. I looked it up on Google and low and behold, leukemia was the first result and now I'm freaking out. During my check up at my family doctor, I had her do a blood test on me for HIV, (due to the doctor at the ER telling me I had an STD, which upon my family doctors discovery, wasn't true.) And I came back Negative. I have been a hypochondriac for as long as I can remember and I've been off the Macrobid for almost three weeks now so I'm not entirely sure what's causing these red dots. I only have them on places where I itch and scratch sometimes and a few where I don't. I'm very nervous that I have something serious. Can anyone help? I plan on going back to my family doctor to have her look if I don't notice a change in the next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Re: Pinpoint spots when I itch, freaking out.

If you had leukaemia it would have without a doubt came up in your blood work, so you can hang that fear up. It's totally common to itch on new meds. As for the spots, the ones where you itch could literally be raised blood spots from where you're itching. I have red pin pricks too in random places. Thryre called cherry something, I don't totally remember what my derm said. But they're harmless and super common.

Have you talked to your GP about getting help with your anxiety?

Yeah, you are irritating your skin where you're itching it. If they don't appear where you haven't itched, the. There's no problem. You probably have dry skin. Use some lotion.

I second what Sdoxo said.
    Last edited by AntsyVee; 31-07-17 at 07:12. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by sdoxo View Post
    If you had leukaemia it would have without a doubt came up in your blood work, so you can hang that fear up. It's totally common to itch on new meds. As for the spots, the ones where you itch could literally be raised blood spots from where you're itching. I have red pin pricks too in random places. Thryre called cherry something, I don't totally remember what my derm said. But they're harmless and super common.

Have you talked to your GP about getting help with your anxiety?
    I am heading to counseling in a few weeks. They texted me for HIV as well as Hyperthyroidism. I feel as though if something was wrong with my blood, they would have caught it in the lab.

I try not to worry so much but I can't help it sometimes.

---------- Post added at 06:16 ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yeah, you are irritating your skin where you're itching it. If they don't appear where you haven't itched, the. There's no problem. You probably have dry skin. Use some lotion.

I second what Sdoxo said.
    My mom said the exact same thing. I've had dry skin issues ever since I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by shav6454 View Post
    I am heading to counseling in a few weeks. They texted me for HIV as well as Hyperthyroidism. I feel as though if something was wrong with my blood, they would have caught it in the lab.

I try not to worry so much but I can't help it sometimes.

---------- Post added at 06:16 ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 ----------

My mom said the exact same thing. I've had dry skin issues ever since I was a kid.

I'm heading to the doctor tomorrow at 10:30 to get it looked at. It literally happens everytime I scratch an itch and it is starting to worry me.

Thread Information