Thread: Day 1 on citalopram

Day 1 on citalopram

I have just taken my first pill this afternoon, 10mg to increase to 20mg after a week all being well. So far I've had a dry mouth and felt a little woozy and tried. I really hope this works for me, I have been resisting taking meds for a long time but my anxiety is getting worse. I've only ever taken prozac before which worked well for me so I am also nervous about trying something new. Fingers crossed for some relief, although I know I won't be able to tell for a number of weeks.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Day 1 on citalopram

Nothing wrong with admitting and accepting you need some help with condition - and I personally found citalopram much better for anxiety than fluoxetine. Good luck.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thank you KK77. It's encouraging to read success stories. So much of what you read online is horrible!

I've been taking Citalopram for 3 and a half weeks now and am glad I started. Side effects weren't great for the first couple of weeks but I kept telling myself it was a step in a positive direction and two weeks of side effects is more bearable than a lifetime of anxiety. Keep going. Well done you for getting help, that's a great step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Cattia
    I have been on Citalopram 40mg for three years now it took a couple of weeks to used to but the benefits long term have been good for me. Hang on in there its does get better

Thanks so much everyone! I feel kind of tired and a bit queasy but so far it's nothing I can't handle, but obviously I am on the very lowest dose and it will take a while to build up so I will do my best to ride out the side effects. It's really encouraging to hear that this drug has helped people.

Hi there
    Stay strong. The first two weeks for me were not good. Took 12 weeks to work so hang in there. It will get better just be patient.
    Good luck to you. Exercise and keep busy.

Thanks all! Taken my second pill today, bit of nausea, slightly stiff jaw and feeling a little tired and woozy but could be worse. Just want to get to the bit where I start to feel better!

Thread Information